Author Topic: How did you find out about Brandon Sanderson?  (Read 52133 times)

WHearth

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How did you find out about Brandon Sanderson?
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2010, 06:40:43 PM »
A friend referred me to Elantris, shortly after it came out. Been hooked ever since   ;D

doode999

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2010, 11:00:41 PM »
His wife taught my brother. Brandon came one day and read my bro's class some of Elantris.
In other news, an earthquake wiped out Etchisketchistan today.

Hibron

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »
A friend from church reccomended Elantris to my sister and let her borrow it. I stole it (with permission), read it, and bought all of his books.

Oddly enough, I heard about Wheel of Time because of Brandon's association with it, not vice versa.

helios1014

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2010, 01:54:42 AM »
I was listening to writing excuses and decided to read Mistborn. Then I polished off the series and moved on to Eleantris and Warbreaker, have not fished either one. I only started the Wheel of Time because Brandon was finishing it. The first book did not sell me on the series like the second book.

pixcalcis

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »
I first read something when TOR gave away those promotional ebooks  a few years back each month on their website. Mistborn was the first of these books.....and best of the ones that I read.

I think I heard he was finishing WOT before this promotional thing started though and was interested to see what he had written.

helios1014

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2010, 08:17:33 PM »
Listed to the podcast Writing Excuses and decided to read Mistborn. After devouering the series I had to start the Wheel of Time to read his book and I bought Warbreaker yesterday. I also have Elantris, but have yet to finish it.

Yuoaman

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2010, 02:27:53 AM »
My library got Elantris and I decided to read it because it seemed interesting, and became hooked on Brandon Sanderson. When I heard that he would be completing the Wheel of Time series I re-read Elantris and knew that they had picked the right guy for the job. :P

clarissavandell

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2010, 01:08:11 AM »
I got the first Mistborn book as a birthday present and loved it.  So I've been trying to read as much of his work as I can.

sylph

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2010, 06:10:52 PM »
After reading that he would be finishing the Wheel of Time I bought Mistborn and couldn't wait for the other two to come out to buy and read. I knew then that he was the right choice to finish WoT. I bought the first Alcatraz and plan to buy the others. I borrowed Elantris and Warbreaker from the library and will purchase the hard covers for my collection.

Korwin

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2010, 02:28:15 PM »
Promotion from TOR where I got Mistborn as an free E-Book, hooked me...

Casco

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2010, 10:50:15 PM »
Well, Robert Jordan died :(  his death didn have one positive thing about it (in all its sadness), i did discover a new brilliant writer :) Elantris and the Mistborn trilogi is great!

steelbacchus

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2010, 05:40:24 AM »
I read the announcement that he was going to write the 12th book of the Wheel of Time on Robert Jordan's blog at Dragonmount and came check it out.

Said I wasn't going to read any of his works until after the WoT book, but I read the first couple of chapters of Mistborn and now I need to go shopping for his books.

From Dragonmount

I emailed him and told him to hurry up with WoT or I'd have to go looking for his books. After finishing The Gathering Storm twice over, I had no choice but to hunt down the Mistborn Trilogy.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 06:03:55 AM by steelbacchus »

Peeps

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2010, 01:38:47 PM »
I found out about him through amazon recommendations, which I usually delete without looking at.  I'm glad I decided to look at that one because it was a recommendation for Elantris.

MaeLavanya

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adonalsium.net
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2010, 10:26:34 AM »
I found out through the Wheel of Time, honestly. I was really curious to who was going to finish the story and was very happy after I read Elantris as I thought the Wheel of Time was left in very capable hands.
You know you want to join us at Adonalsium.net!

DeathBite

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2010, 01:46:17 AM »
Most people have a lot more interesting ways of knowing about him. I feel mediocre in mine. xD His first Mistborn book was given to me as a Birthday present.

...The exciting version, however, involves corruption, deceit, monumental explosions and plenty of violence.
It all ends with me receiving a free copy of the book after I saved the Queen from ninja assassins. 
My peace is gone,
My heart is heavy,
I will find it never
and never more.     - Goethe