Author Topic: Brandon To Write Wheel of Time Book 12  (Read 111447 times)

rosspain

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon To Write Wheel of Time Book 12
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2007, 04:53:57 AM »
I've been a fan of the series ever since I was about 12... I was so psyched when I finally saw the article yesterday that Brandon was going to finish WoT.  I was just wondering when a memory of light is going to be finished... anyo0ne know?

CUBAREY

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2007, 01:05:24 PM »
Tentative publication date is fall 2009.

CUBAREY

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2007, 02:48:43 PM »
I have a Question, and this is not attempting to be in anyway disrespectful. Mr. Sanderson, I have read and thoroughly enjoyed Warbreaker, The Final Empire and I am currently reading The Well of Ascension. I have also read a large portion of these threads (including the 40 or so pages of the Warbreaker thread and the Fan Art thread). Now my question is this, why do you spend so little time describing the physical settings and clothing in your books?  It never entered my consciousness when I was reading the books, but it really became evident when viewing the FanArt threads, especially your comments therein.  Your description of the men's costumes being similar to circa 1800 England was a bit jarring as I viewed them more utilitarian ( even the nobles ' attire) more 1840's  early Industrial Age England  (maybe from from the way Breese was described). In any case, what I am trying to ask is whether the sketchy descriptions were intentional to coincide with the general "dark" imagryor was there another intent? Again, I'm not saying that you should have used more descriptiive language, I thoroughly enjoyed the books, but am still curious.

skibocastle

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2008, 10:43:31 PM »
I hadn't heard of Brandon before the press release that he was going to finish the Wheel of Time series.  My interest piqued, I went out and read Mistborn, which I absolutely loved.  So, I can't wait to read the finish to the Wheel of Time.

Craysh

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2008, 01:25:21 AM »
I have a Question, and this is not attempting to be in anyway disrespectful. Mr. Sanderson, I have read and thoroughly enjoyed Warbreaker, The Final Empire and I am currently reading The Well of Ascension. I have also read a large portion of these threads (including the 40 or so pages of the Warbreaker thread and the Fan Art thread). Now my question is this, why do you spend so little time describing the physical settings and clothing in your books?  It never entered my consciousness when I was reading the books, but it really became evident when viewing the FanArt threads, especially your comments therein.  Your description of the men's costumes being similar to circa 1800 England was a bit jarring as I viewed them more utilitarian ( even the nobles ' attire) more 1840's  early Industrial Age England  (maybe from from the way Breese was described). In any case, what I am trying to ask is whether the sketchy descriptions were intentional to coincide with the general "dark" imagryor was there another intent? Again, I'm not saying that you should have used more descriptiive language, I thoroughly enjoyed the books, but am still curious.
Honestly I don't think that there will be much room for that kind of in-depth description as there is a lot of stuff that they're going to need to fit into that final book.

dria

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 29, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »
I'm one of the folks brought here by hearing that an author I had never heard of was going to finish off the WoT books.  Honestly, at first I was horrified.  Not that I wanted it never to be finished, but I just couldn't imagine someone else doing it.  I came here with A LOT of skepticism to check out the person who would be completing the WoT, fairly certain that this was going to be awful and I might not even be able to bring myself to read it, which makes what I am going to say so much more shocking.  I used to enjoy reading a great deal, but recently have fallen out of love with it I think, barely reading more than a couple of books in a year.  Since I picked up the first Mistborn book I can't stop.  I devoured that one, ordered the second one (none of the book stores around here seem to carry it, alas) and couldn't stop itching to read more while waiting for it so I started and finished the latest Warbreaker draft.  I may have to go out and get Elantris tonight too after reading the teaser chapters at the end of Warbreaker!  You sir, have turned me into a convert.  Thank you so much for bringing me back to reading, I am thoroughly enjoying it. 

I admire your creativity and style.  You have a gift for character building and dialog that shines.   In closing, all I have to say is that you now have to write faster because I'm almost out of things to read again. :)

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2008, 09:14:49 PM »
I like many others was attracted to Brandon's website by the news that he would be finishing WoT, unlike some, I wasn't too sceptical, as I presumed that a bad writer would not have been chosen for the project, however, I do not like dashing off to spend money without knowing what I'm buying, so I read warbreaker, having been sufficiently impressed, I will be buying Elantris and Mistborn at the earliest possible convenience. (note it took me quite a while to find the time too read warbreaker, I'm a pretty busy guy atm, so earliest convenience doesn't mean soon...) I can safely say that Brandon has another fan.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2008, 03:09:50 AM »
Man do I ever feel out of the loop.  I guess that's what I get for staying away from Timewasters for so long.  I was trying to get my mind off mistborn, as I was spending far too much time waiting for Well of Ascension to come out.  Then I got busy, and stopped checking the website for annotations and blog posts.  I admit, when I finally got tired of everything, and nothing was going on on my other forum, I recreated my account only to find that Brandon Sanderson is working on some book called Wot or Wheel of Time, that I regretfully haven't heard anything about.  I'll have to read them, though I am reluctant to get into such a long series.  I guesss I'm the opposite of everyone here, because I have been a fan of Brandon Sanderson from that first day I saw a lone copy of Elantris in Mcnally robinson in Saskatoon.  I preordered both the mistborn books on amazon as soon as I could, and I even read Alcatraz.  I don't think any of you guys need to worry about him wrapping things up, if anyone's read Elantris then the know that he has GREAT endings that thoroughly explaibn pretty much everything (except for Seons grr), and he writes with skill, and has a stupendous amount of creativity (as shown in all his books).  And adult fantasy is definately his forte.  The Mistborn Trilogy is my all time favorite, and I can't wait for the last book.  I'm definately happy to be back on the forums.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

DarkCain11

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2008, 02:53:33 AM »
I think brandon will do great with memory of light i have read every wot novels and final emprire and final emprire was so sweet. I belive he does have the skills to write the final book

ocjames

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2008, 01:47:26 AM »
It appears Brandon has not had a chance to come back this way for awhile. Hopefully he does in the future.

As I was reading through this thread I found myself clicking through the last few pages looking for his reply to the post on how he will handle the characters relationships in comparison to Mr. Jordans approach. I know we'll find out eventually but hearing his thoughts would be interesting. :)

JC

GITMachine

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2008, 06:30:15 PM »
Hi everyone-

I registered because I noticed a somewhat glaring error in Brandon's latest blog post.  He lists "Crossroads of Twilight" as book eleven of the Wheel of Time, and says that now that he's finished it, he can begin book twelve, "A Memory of Light."

There's one problem- Crossroads of Twilight is book ten!

Does anyone know how to get Brandon's attention?  I sent an email to him through the form on his site, but I'm not sure how often he checks messages he receives that way...

lol I doubt there's a need to worry. Was either a typo, or he's including the prequel New Spring in there. He's been reading from start to finish...would kind of make sense to begin with the prequel.

SexyTurtle

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »
Meep!! I was severely excited to read yesterday's blog post!! Wow...Brandon makes up for all the time George RR Martin fans have been waiting for the next of his Song of Ice & Fire series...or at least that's how I feel :) Yay for fast readers...and yay for the excitement of putting together the last Wheel of Time book ^_^

wilder

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2008, 05:20:12 PM »
I stopped by the copy editors' desks and asked if anyone was a Wheel of Time fan. One raised her hand, and I told her the news...which really confused her, because she had no idea Robert Jordan was no longer alive. Oops.

How could one call themselves a WoT fan if they didn't know the author died SIX months ago?   :o

RIP, Dragon.    :'(
~ap~

"You've been doing a lot of staring lately.
It's creepy."

wilder

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »
I hadn't heard of Brandon before the press release that he was going to finish the Wheel of Time series.  My interest piqued, I went out and read Mistborn, which I absolutely loved.  So, I can't wait to read the finish to the Wheel of Time.

Same here.  But upon hearing the news, I immediately bought Elantris and the first two Mistborn books.  I've loved them all!  I'm not only excited to have found another great author, but I'm encouraged by Brandon's talent for hooking me right off the bat and keeping me captivated until the final page.  I'm also encouraged by his great respect for Jordan and his own love of the story.  If anyone can do justice to Robert Jordan's epic, it's Brandon Sanderson.  Do us all proud, Brandon! ;D
~ap~

"You've been doing a lot of staring lately.
It's creepy."

Vintage

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »
Well ! I first would like to congratulate Brandon and wants to assure him I trust him fully to do a wonderful job at it.

This isn't easy for me to say however. I am a member of a well frequented Wheel of Time french forum. This is where I first heard of Brandon a few months back, actually in december but it was following a very disturbing fact for french people : The editor who bought the rights changed translator in mid serie and the newer one did an awful job placing short swords into aiel hands, and of course, we were outraged to read that they were fighting naval combat !!!!  This new translator never even read the Wheel of Time ! So imagine how nervous we were when we heard about this Brandon Sanderson taking over ! Mind you, one of the very first comment if not the first, it was to say that he had read the Wheel of Time. It was such a relief ! But then hum... You haven't been translated yet, Brandon, so nobody knew you. So I went and I got Elantris and the two Mistborn volumes, and I downloaded Warbreaker as well. I read and had to suffer a few nights of insomnia (willingly) to get to know the end.

Now, not only do I trust Brandon to deliver the job well and in good time, but I'm excited about it and will let the whole forum know. Not only that, but I'm afraid I have been converted and I should stick around here as well. Thanks Brandon !
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:55:21 PM by Vintage »