Author Topic: Brandon To Write Wheel of Time Book 12  (Read 111452 times)

wastical

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon To Write Wheel of Time Book 12
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2007, 02:16:35 AM »
Currently wishing someone had told Borders ahead of a time, so i could be reading your other books  right now

I totally agree... Borders dropped the ball on this one! As I posted before I tried to go there and none were in stock. I have purchased them on amazon and did the 1 day shipping hoping to start them this weekend, but thanks to the holidays they arent due to arrive until monday!

So much for the 1 day shipping- it cost more than the 2 books together!!! (I guess a couple days wont hurt me, but I have been searching aimlessly for a new good author and haven't been satisfied and after hearing Harriet hand pick Brandon Im totally psyched for these books!)
Blaine is a pain and that is the truth

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2007, 02:55:55 AM »
if anyone lives in the Utah area, the Waldens in the Provo mall usually has tons of copies in stock.  A lot of times signed too. 
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Daarian

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2007, 03:02:23 AM »
To bad I dont live anywhere near there. I would love to get some signed copies.
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

dtbmnec

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2007, 03:13:51 AM »
I can't wait for this book to come out.

I'm sure you will do him proud!

Andor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2007, 05:37:05 AM »
Well brandon,

Lol i've never heard of you but today found myself buying all your books. if there is any woman i trust it's hariet.
Thank you Mr. Sanderson, i dont envy you the pressure but the wheel weaves what the wheel wills.

Isabel

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2007, 07:18:10 AM »
Hi Brandon,

As a big RJ fan I do have a few things to say:
  • Please do be carefull with anything you answer plotwise. One of the fun part with RJ was trying to get him to answer questions and see if he answered them. And ofcourse discovering you asked it the wrong way and you had to ask it differently.  ;D
    All those secrets were RJ to give away. Now you have been given the privelige to see all his notes, please be carefull with answering anything regarding any of the plot including Asmodean. Although Jordan has been answering more and more when he knew he wasn't going to include it in the last book.
    Although I am not sure exactly how the Q and A's will go after you have finished writing the last wheel of time book. Perhaps talk it over with Harriet and RJs assistances, although i am sure you will do that.
    Now that I am thinking about, I would also love to ask them questions. I suspect they will be as vital to the creation of the last book as you are.
  • As I have said in another thread, please do not write any more Wheel of Time books besides a MoL. You have plenty of ideas for books of your own. You don't have to write a couple of books based on Jordan's ideas. It would just feel wrong to me. Although it would be up to Harriet if that even happened. 

I am not sure if you are able to answer the next question, or even allowed to answer it.
How much of the book has RJ written?  In the past you said things that made me believe that he wrote the beginning.
He was almost ready with the prologue he said on his blog. Did he wrote more than the prologue (like also the first few chapters)?
I also understood he wrote / or dictated the end?
You also said something that made me conclude he also worked on some major scenes. Are most of the major scenes alsmost done or would you also have to write most of them?
Can you estimate how many pages had RJ written?
Anyway don't answer it if you think Harriet wouldn't want you to answer it.

Good luck writing the last book. Please take your time with it.

Oh one last thing, if you mess up Nynaeve, you are in trouble :P

Isabel / Emma

achren99

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2007, 06:33:50 PM »
There are lots of his autographed books at the Borders in Riverwoods--of course that is also in Provo, so probably wouldn't help most of you...sorry. 

apbadd

• Level 3
  • Rejected as a Mistborn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2007, 06:36:17 PM »
I will have to check stores here in AZ.  Considering Wal-Marts here carry LDS books hopefully Borders or Barnes and Noble have adjusted as well and have books by LDS authors.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2007, 06:40:33 PM »
To bad I don't live anywhere near there. I would love to get some signed copies.

Well be selling signed copies on his website soon.  Don't know about price but it probably won't be more expensive then buying at a book store (not sure about shipping yet).  Look for these to go up after Christmas sometime, there's no point in us putting them up now since no one will be around to fulfill orders until close to next year.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Insomnius

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2007, 07:28:11 PM »
Mr Sanderson.

Congratulations on having been "Chosen" - although you may wish to dissociate yourself with that word while at the helm of the good ship Wheel of Time - perhaps selected would be better ;)

For no other reason than I can, I'd like to share with you the moments I have been imagining in the resolution of this tremendous series to which you have been entrusted.

In no particular order...

1 - When Rand and Galad meet as half-brothers.
2 - When Gawyn learns that his mother is still alive - ditto Elayne.
3 - When Elaida discovers that the royal line of Andor that she had the Foretelling about was not the house of Trakand but that of Tigraine...
4 - Mat, Thom and the 3rd entering the Tower Of Genjei to rescue Moiraine - who I am sure is alive (famous last words eh?) (Yes I'm Canadian!)
5 - Elayne facing down Elaida and being invested as Amyrlin Seat for true.
6 - Tuon meeting the Dragon Reborn for real.
7 - When Lan arrives at Tarwin's Gap to see the horde of soldiers willing to follow the Golden Crane banner...

The above are events I am "fairly" certain will occur as RJ foreshadowed them so completely that it would take a very deft twist to make me believe otherwise - but you are fleet of pen so I invite you to try :D

What follows are the questions I have that I hope are answered in Memory of Light.

1 - What is Logain's glory going to be?
2 - Do Slayer/Luc and Padan Fain/Mordeth meet in some sort of duel or battle? There seems to be some unwritten history between those two - some unfinished business...
3 - I admit it - I have only a vague idea who killed Asmodean - who the flip was it?
4 - Is Sammael alive?
5 - Is Morridin/Ishamael the 3rd Dragon? In one of the conversation between Lews Therin and Rand, Lews refers to an "other" one. In The Eye Of The World, Ishamael tells Rand that it had happened - that a Dragon from an earlier age had been turned to The Dark Lord. I suspect strongly that Ishamel speaks of himself here - perhaps that contributed to his apparent madness? Min has a vision of Rand's face and another and the kind of coalesce - and as Morridin is described as being of a size with Rand - kind of rare given that Rans is apparently 6ft 6 inches tall - is Morridin the one who merges with Rand?
6 - How will Rand die in order to live?

I loved Warbreaker by the way - read it all in one day - the same day I downloaded v3.5. I do think that you will do the series justice - given that you too are a fan of the series - something I think is very important.

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2007, 08:30:39 PM »
One of the fun part with RJ was trying to get him to answer questions and see if he answered them.

that's one of the things that drove me nuts! And IMO something that drove alot of potential fans away, he never answered questions, like a Lost episode or something.

I loved Lost until I couldn't stand the suspense anymore, and I read book #11 of TWOT thinking, 'if he doesn't answer some questions, I'm done.'

Several people I know are the same way. two of which gave up entirely.

And since we're giving opinions, (that I'm sure Brandon can't address because, I'm assuming that the plot is pretty well laid out by RJ) can we have more Aviendha please, she's my fav. character and I think he's kinda dropped her.  ;)

Insomnius

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »
Why do you think Aviendha was dropped?

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »
** slight spoiler in this post**

Cause she goes off with everyone to (I can't even remember where it's been so long, Toman Head? or somewhere) and that's the last you hear of her, is she even in the 11th book? the only part I remember that might have talked about her was when Rand loses his hand, and Elayne feels it from so far away, I think maybe they say that Aviendha does to (I"m not even sure about that)
So, I think she's kinda been dropped and that makes me sad cause she's pretty tough, and if there's anything I like in my books it's a tough female character.

Eowyn, Aviendha, Vin... the men in my family keep saying they can pick out which books I'll read by that alone. (how little they really know me, I like other books to... every once in a while)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:29:48 PM by little charity lou-who »

qed

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2007, 12:54:09 AM »
I am a long time Robert Jordan reader (1991). Have met him a few times at signings/readings. I consistently have said the Wheel of Time series is the best adventure/fantasy series since Tolkien. I was shocked and saddened when Mr. Jordan passed. Although the story won't be finished by Mr. Jordan I am have confidence in the selection of Brandon Sanderson by the Jordan family.

To Mr. Sanderson good luck and thank you for attempting this daunting task. I am looking forward to the finale of the series.

TheLazyWolf

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2007, 01:50:05 AM »
With respect to my fellow fresh converts, I think it would be best if we try to keep this thread as a good opportunity to meet Brandon and give him our encouragement. We should  start a new thread for all the burning WoT questions we all want answered, since we know he can't actually answer them  :P