Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224076 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**
« Reply #390 on: January 09, 2009, 02:57:47 AM »
I had assumed that until I remembered that Shaggy told me he was currently in the seventh grade.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 09, 2009, 03:00:11 AM »
to his credit, Shaggy is a very mature 7th grader.  ;)
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 09, 2009, 03:02:42 AM »
Valid point.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 09, 2009, 05:53:36 AM »
My mistake. There's no reason why someone in 5th grade couldn't be reading Mistborn, but I didn't even consider that.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 10, 2009, 01:36:05 AM »
to his credit, Shaggy is a very mature 7th grader. 
thanks. But I only read Mistborn then, so now I've reread Mistborn and I'm on Well of Ascension. Just read the part where Sazed is taken into the koloss camp. Pretty cool scene, no? If I had the skill, drawing themwould be extremely fun. The swords, the saggy skin….
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Dark Blue

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2009, 01:11:11 AM »
Whoa, amazing work everyone.  I swear I feel like I am among professional artists.  I love all the different styles that have been laced into this thread.  The  different interpretations of all the characters (and creatures) are fantastic.  I can't wait to see more work from everyone.

I am no professional in the arts or even qualified to be a critic but I think all of the art that has been posted are truly stunning.  Compared to my sketches--actually, I don't even think I can call them sketches after seeing these pieces--these illustartions are works of DiVinci!

Anyway, if you can't tell, I am currently the newest addition to the ever-expanding fandom of Brandon Sanderson's work.  I have just finished reading HoA and am about to start Warbreaker.

Dark Blue 
Memorable Quotes:

"It is a sin to think words no others think and to put them down upon a paper no others are to see. It is base and evil. It is as if we were speaking alone to no ears but our own. And we know well that  there is no transgression blacker than to do or think alone." -Anthem

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2009, 01:14:35 AM »
Welcome, Dark Blue!
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Dark Blue

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 20, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »
I hope to get some art posted soon (once my scanner works), but I can't promise anything amazing, stunning or as such (Amateur artist here, I am more of a writer than an illustrator anyway).  I have already done some work (single Koloss headshot, Kredik Shaw, and an unidentified mistborn--more of a spontaneous-pick-up-the-pen-moment), and I have more ideas and sketch outlines drawing themselves in my head till I can get them out on paper.  I have been thinking of a Spook (Lestibournes) sketch, *SPOILERS*maybe him fighting the Citizen's guards or jumping out of the building? *END OF SPOILERS* (Haven't seen any sketches of him) Or maybe an interpretation of what a Terrisman looks like, or Vin fighting an/the Inquisitor(s), see? Lots of ideas.     

So until the scanner is fixed you won't see anything from me. But I hope to see some other work from you guys (or girls) *hint hint*  ;)

Dark Blue  ;D
Memorable Quotes:

"It is a sin to think words no others think and to put them down upon a paper no others are to see. It is base and evil. It is as if we were speaking alone to no ears but our own. And we know well that  there is no transgression blacker than to do or think alone." -Anthem

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #398 on: January 21, 2009, 02:00:40 AM »
Okay, I apologize in advance if this is an invalid assumption Dark Blue, but I seem to recall a person I met on a forum with the handle of DarkBlue, and she happened to be an amateur artist.

But I hope to see some other work from you guys (or girls) *hint hint*  ;)

Dark Blue  ;D

This tends to indicate that you are female :D Haha. Artist, check. Username, check. Female, check. Perhaps you are the same Dark Blue that I remember? :P
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Dark Blue

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 29, 2009, 11:44:05 PM »
This is actually the first time I have used this particular non de plume (I was recently inspired to use it by some lyrics I heard, so credit to the music artist)

DISCLAIMER: I do not make any claim at all to have any ownership over the song "Dark Blue"

And no, Chaos, I was not offended in any way, so don't worry.  I am actually VERY happy someone pointed out that small detail to clarify that I am a girl, it erases the awkward moment when guys who have referred to me as a boy discover I am actually a girl.
By the way it's nice to meet you  ;D
Memorable Quotes:

Obi

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 29, 2009, 11:45:05 PM »
I just finished this drawing of Spook today.  ^_^  
I have a Kelsier I did months ago and never colored... maybe I'll get around to posting him at some point.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8966/spookinterwebae0.jpg

He's a bit stiff and his head's too big... o.O;;  But I'll live.  

Dark Blue

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 29, 2009, 11:52:39 PM »
The coloring and details are nice, great job Obi!  I like the beard, I never pictured him with a beard--but that's okay.  I like seeing him as you picture him, it's awesome.

Dark Blue =]
Memorable Quotes:

Obi

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 30, 2009, 12:06:16 AM »
Thanks a lot! ^_^

I  don't usually picture him with a beard either... but I think I remember reading that he had one.  Maybe... lol. ^^

Dark Blue

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2009, 12:10:58 AM »
I'll check, maybe I overlooked it . . . I probably did. haha

DB (Dark Blue is too long now to type--lazy me :P)
Memorable Quotes:

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2009, 12:14:12 AM »
I believe he was wearing a fake beard as a disguise in The Well of Ascension.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.