Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224174 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**
« Reply #270 on: September 20, 2008, 01:48:17 PM »
good point
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #271 on: September 20, 2008, 07:16:06 PM »
I think that, while they perpetually feel pain, they contain anger and emotions quite well. Their language never really sounds like they are extremely "enraged", they seem cool, collected, and all at the same time, ruthless.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2008, 10:41:59 AM »
Here's a picture of Vin I did.  The dress is based on the blue one posted on page two, which I assume was the one meantioned at the last ball she attends.  (I'm kinda' sad that some of the finer details can't be seen.  But then again with some of it, maybe that's a good thing.)

I can't remember where I got the base from (I'm pretty sure they came from here.  I'll continue to look for the exact location, and will post a link when I find it.)  The dress, gloves, hair, and background were all put in by me.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:25:37 PM by firstRainbowRose »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Seth

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 20, 2008, 01:09:34 AM »
Hey

New to these forums, joined because of Mistborn. I was wondering if this where I should put fanart at? I'm a comic artist and Mistborn and revived a new passion in me to pick up my pen and pencil once more! I have some older stuff at tollk.deviantart.com though none of my Mistborn stuff is there yet. So is there where I shall bring it? Thanks

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 20, 2008, 01:12:04 AM »
You can host your art anywhere that hosts pictures. This thread is for sharing images you already have hosted somewhere else.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #275 on: October 20, 2008, 01:18:35 AM »
My favorite one to use is www.imageshack.us, because you aren't required to register and the images stay up forever, as long as you save the link to the image. But, if you do forget, you can always upload it again onto that site, because there is no limit.

Really, as long as you keep track of the URLs, that one is the best image hosting site, in my opinion.

Seth

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 20, 2008, 04:48:51 AM »
My apologies, I should have worded my question better. I spoke briefly with Brandon at a book signing the other day about fan art and I believe this is where he directed I should go to show it. I did not mean to host the picture, I only meant to confirm that this is in fact where I was told to put some up. ^.^

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2008, 04:50:35 AM »
Oh :P Well, in that case, this is definitely the place where you can show off your fan art!

(Also, you are a very lucky person for speaking with Brandon. I envy you for having the opportunity to do so).

Seth

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2008, 05:32:34 AM »
I consider myself so in fact! It was actually an odd turn of fate that I did! I had meant to buy HoA the day it released. Though for this reason and that I kept putting it off or forgetting to get it altogether! Then I became so frustrated with myself I took a break from work and went to Barnes and Nobles to purchase it. On a random whim I asked the clerk if he was aware of Brandon doing any signings in the near future localy (that was infact how I was introduced to the Mistborn series orginally, by brandon himself! At a barnes and nobles here, he was doing a book signing and I just happened to go in randomly that not looking for anything specific and he pitched his book to me and I bought it on whim.) The clerk said they didn't have information like that though offered to check for me just incase. Turned out Brandon was doing a signing that very day several hourse later!! I was in shock and informed the clerk I would be returning at that time to buy the book from Brandon himself instead. That was a very good day! ^.^

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 24, 2008, 06:19:48 PM »
I've done something that I'm guessing could be considered fan art.  I have this thing where when I use a new wallpaper on my computer I try to make EVERYTHING match.  (I change it so that's my background in MSN messenger.  I also change my font on messenger to something that fits the feel.)  Well, after reading HoA I of course put up a mb releated one, and created a cursor set to go with it.

The busy and working in the backgound spin.  If you want to download it, you can get it here
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:51:17 AM by verstVampireDrose »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 24, 2008, 09:15:34 PM »
That is entirely awesome Rose :) Nice job, and thanks for the link to get it, that was sweet.

tann|design

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 25, 2008, 04:16:17 AM »
Might as well join the party.  Here is my take on a steel inquisitor, and no he is not baring his teeth. :-)   It is pretty big, so here is the link.  You can click on the image and it will go even larger for some detail if you like.

http://www.tanniesmith.blogspot.com

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:51:12 AM by tann|design »

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 25, 2008, 05:33:18 AM »
Okay, so a few months ago I spent some time doing a render of The Lord Ruler in his throne room, but I got about this far before I ran into difficulties and put the project on hiatus. I'm thinking of starting it up again though, so I thought I'd post what I've got and get some feedback.

So, from here, I'm going to inlay some of the metal symbols all over the place. I need to rework those fires in the background, but for now they're just there to cast shadows. I plan on putting a headpiece in that weird little gap on the throne, and of course The Lord Ruler himself eventually. (And some big old caption-y text of something cool. Maybe "'Kill him,' God said, 'He's really not that important.'" from Zane in Mistborn:The Well of Ascension.)

But for now what I'd really like feedback on is the glass wall. Does that look believable to you guys? Is it easily recognizable and such? If I don't get any feedback on that, I think I'll leave it just the way it is, but I'd like to know if it fits as well for everyone else as it does for me.

Anyways, thanks for any input you guys have.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 06:53:16 AM by Baron Von Rinbalt »
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #283 on: October 25, 2008, 06:05:53 AM »
Whoa, thanks for the MB cursors verstVampireDrose!

Got mine up and running right now, very cool.  :)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 25, 2008, 06:33:25 AM »
No problem.  I'm glad people like them.