Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224130 times)

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2008, 12:23:36 AM »
Dude, that's just cool.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2008, 06:02:04 AM »
That is beyond way freaking awesome!  I love it!
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2008, 02:52:03 AM »
Nice indeed.  Well done!  I like the creepy look of it.

Did you ever see the 'fan art' piece I did of an Inquisitor.  (Can an author do fan art of his own work?)  I was trying to mock up something that would work as a nice wallpaper, but I was never satisfied with it.  Posted it here once, with an added "Warning, this didn't come out quite right."

In case you missed it, here's the wallpaper which actually DID turn out kind of cool:

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/graphics/MistbornWallpaper1-800.jpg
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/graphics/Mistborn%20Wallpaper%20One%201028.jpg
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/graphics/Mistborn%20Wallpaper%20One%201680.jpg
(Links to wallpapers of different sizes of the same image.)
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2008, 10:20:36 PM »
I like the wheel that shows the Allomantic metals. If only it was in 1440x900... then I'd actually use it.

And it also reveals the 15th and 16th metals, so thanks for that Brandon. :D
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

rjl

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2008, 12:35:55 AM »
Is it the hood?  I always envisioned the mistcloak to look somewhat like a cross between a trench coat, Tuxedo, and the robe worn by the main character in the game Assassins Creed.  The hood is a little Jedi-esque I might admit.
I thought that the mist-cloaks were silvery white... To blend into the mist. (I haven't read Mistborn 2 yet, perhaps brown ones come in later)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2008, 12:47:36 AM »
I really like all this fan art, it's all amazing!  The Kelsier blond thing through me for a loop, all of a sudden I realized that I was picturing everyone but ham with black hair, and I was all, that's odd, they all have black hair, then I realized Kelsier and Marsh have blond hair, and Yeden isn't completel bald, like he was in my head, it's funny how you ened up picturing things even if they aren't what you are told they look like. 
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

bhthomas

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2008, 09:31:07 AM »
I love looking at fanart. It always helps the character more real to have something to look at instead of what is just in your head. I wish I could draw like you people but its not one of my talents.Keep up the great work.

On a side note does any one know when Mr.Sanderson served in korea because my brother was there in 93-95 and went back to teach english .He met his wife there too.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2008, 06:57:05 PM »
I believe it was around 1996-1998.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2008, 01:45:02 AM »
This isn't the thread for off topic stuff.  If you want to discuess Brandon's time in Korea (which was '95-'97) please make a new thread.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

anubis

« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2008, 12:48:02 AM »
workin hard on an obligator

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2008, 06:27:01 AM »
Ooooooh.  Nice.  I always pictured the tatoos at red for some reason tho.  Blue just seems too nice, red is much more menacing.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2008, 04:51:27 AM »
I imagined them like the faded elaborate tattoos of a biker guy except more... pretty seems like a completely wrong word for it but... pretty.
So blues, reds, blacks, yellows, a whole bunch.
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

anubis

« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2008, 12:56:20 AM »
ummmmmmm ??? whats with the criticism? this is only MY interpretation of an obligator. If you feel he should look differently then perhaps  you should make your own.

Vintage

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2008, 01:37:47 AM »
Anubis, please don't react like this. They are only presenting their own interpretation and I don't see that they are against yours in no way. If you cannot take a little comment and you feel attack in your hability, maybe you should revise your judgment. Maybe You are not able to accept their interpretation.

In all cases, without any criticism, here is Brandon's description and that should conclude all interpretation.

Quote from: MB2, page 48
Like all Inquisitors, he wore intricate eye tatoos - mostly black, with one stark red line - that marked him as a high-ranking member of the Canton of Inquisition.

So, I guess colors indicate from which Canton your Inquisitor is. Black and red for the Canton of Inquisition... maybe red for the Canton of Finance or blue for the Canton of History.  ;D

Smile ! I love you all ! And by the way, Anubis, your intricate design is just perfect for me ! I love it ! Such fluidity and precision ! Remarquable !

Jabberman

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2008, 07:44:53 AM »
ummmmmmm ??? whats with the criticism? this is only MY interpretation of an obligator. If you feel he should look differently then perhaps  you should make your own.

Dude seriously wtf. You dont have to be such a douche. They're just telling you their opinion. Take it or dont take it. Just dont be rude about it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 07:46:55 AM by Jabberman »