Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224053 times)

polaris

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • It's dark in here... and we may die...
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: A gift...
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2007, 01:06:21 AM »
As my brother would say, "That's a slice of nice!"  ;D  Thanks for sharing with all of us, Polaris, not just EUOL (Brandon)!

The colored pencil is cool too. I think I like it better because it makes Vin less cartoony. Both are nice, though.

Hey, can I use it as a screen saver??

Sure thing, knock yourself out.  ^.^  And everything i do looks cartoony, thats why i decided to major in animation. If you can't beat it...
Sion_of_balance wrote: You again? What are you, the plague?!

Pemberley

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »
Thanks, polaris!  This is really great.  Personally I think I like this version better than the colored pencil version, but both are very cool.  You are talented!

polaris

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2007, 07:15:01 PM »
Thanks, polaris!  This is really great.  Personally I think I like this version better than the colored pencil version, but both are very cool.  You are talented!

:) Thank you. I'm glad everyone likes it so far.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »
Polaris,

I'm sorry to take so long getting back to you on this!  I think the picture is fantastic, and I'm VERY happy to get it.  I really need to get that Fan Art section of my website up and running, if only to display this!  Thank you so much.  I saw it right when you posted it, but I had a rather interesting week last week.

I'm linking this today on my website!
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
Re: Art of Sanderson: Usagi the Fan-Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2007, 10:03:35 PM »
I lived in Korea from age 19-21.  I don't know if you are familiar with the LDS (Mormon) religion or not, but a lot of us when we're between 19 and 23 go on missions for the church, where we go live in somewhere else (often a foreign country) where we do service and talk to people about our beliefs.  It sounds kind of strange, I know, but it's really not as odd as it might seem at first. 

So, I went to Korea.  Learned the language, lived in little apartments in Seoul, generally had a blast.  Good times. 

candylion

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Art of Sanderson: Usagi the Fan-Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2007, 09:03:17 AM »
-gigglesnorts-

Awesome. ^^~!!

Anywho, I'm finally back on the same continent, -sigh-, albeit it's L.A. And I will soon be getting my long-awaited tablet...PC...I think.

Yea, so something will be up soon!

-grins-
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.

polaris

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2007, 11:57:28 PM »
Polaris,

I'm sorry to take so long getting back to you on this!  I think the picture is fantastic, and I'm VERY happy to get it.  I really need to get that Fan Art section of my website up and running, if only to display this!  Thank you so much.  I saw it right when you posted it, but I had a rather interesting week last week.

I'm linking this today on my website!

*faints away all fangirl like*

but seriously, if you build it they will come. I've got dozens of ideas on all the characters from Mistborn and even Elantris so if you put up the fan art site, i'll be happy to throw all my copious fanart at you.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2007, 12:37:15 AM »
I've been thinking of implementing a lightbox photosystem for book covers wouldn't be much of a jump to add something for a fanart page.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2007, 01:37:59 AM »
Sprig,

I'd love it if you did that.  It's one of the things I keep forgetting to add to our lists.  I find fanart extremely flattering, and I love to see it--and when I visit other sites, I love to look at it.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »
So, does that mean you won't love him if he doesn't do it?  Or that you don't love him now because he hasn't done it?  What about brotherly love and all that junk?  I find this very disappointing.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2007, 06:54:05 PM »
well, we *are* talking about Spriggan. Who can blame Brandon for not loving him if he doesn't do what he's told?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2007, 08:14:44 PM »
Be nice...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2007, 01:33:07 PM »
who me? Who do you think you're talking to anyway?

Sprig knows I'm joking anyway, and he'd be more than happy to make the same joke at my expense.

Soryn

• Level 3
  • hey hey
    • View Profile
Lo and behold, some fanart!
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2007, 02:21:50 AM »
Hello hello :)

I've been wanting to do some Mistborn fanart for a while, and finally today I was able to do a bit. This was initially just going to be a concept sketch, and then kind of exploded on to my computer and well...here we are! I colored it (quickly, mind you) and thought to put it up here. The style is a bit anime, and not so slightly chibi (for those of you who do not know, chibi is basically referring to the proportions I did; big head and all that).

I was a little dissatisfied with how her outfit turned out; I didn't feel like I quite captured Vin, and for that I'm really sorry. Oh well - there's always next time! If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to post input. I really appreciate feedback. If you wish, you can check out my DeviantArt account at this link!

Also, to Mr. Sanderson - this picture was part of a bigger project that I am trying to put together; if you don't really like the style let me know. This was just what I felt like drawing at the time.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Also, I am aware how child-like she looks. It's just part of my style that's hard to break out of  :'(
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:26:17 AM by Soryn »

candylion

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Lo and behold, some fanart!
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2007, 08:22:13 PM »
I just want to run up to her and pinch her cheeks.

"Awwwww..lemme eatchyouuu!!!"

-ahem-

Anywhos, nice job ^^. I personally can't do a chibi without killing it, but I'm also doing some fanart...right now..o.o (can't get my photoshop brushes right to get that smooth effect -kills self-)

Off topic...but yes, great job ^^.
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.