Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224116 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Art of Sanderson: Usagi the Fan-Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2007, 08:19:13 PM »
But what we really want to know is...how many people in the PC Bang are playing Starcraft?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

candylion

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
reeeeply PC BANG
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2007, 01:33:33 PM »
HA! I can't believe you know that!

I'm here agin, obviously.

So, including myself, maybe about 4. (Yes, I am hoooked ot the Starcraft, ever since I was 7. Ah! Have you seen the trailers for the second one? SWEEEET!...>.>)

Anywho, yea. 4. Most people play Lineage or other Korean games. Someone next to me is actually playing a dancing game.

oO? Wtf?

((Tokyopop RSOM 7 is OVER! YAY! Now I can start reading stuff for RSOM 8! Shweet!~!!! Manga Summer...unite?))
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2007, 06:47:54 AM »
For the women, I actually went a little bit earlier, choosing more medieval style gowns.  Corsets are overused in fiction of this style, and I was feeling bugged by them, so I stayed away.  Gowns with lots of petticoats to make them flare at the skirt, then tight through the waist and bust, often with ornate sleeves.  Not full blown, overdone renaissance sleeves mind you.

That almost sounds to me more like the evening gowns of the cival war times.  They pulled the farthingale (hoop skirt) from the ren times, but the sleeves were a lot more relaxed.  Vary little medieval in the outfits since that style was more of an under dress which was worn over long periods of times without being washed or taken off, and an over dress which was changed more oftan, and taken off while sleeping.  Ren dresses are a bit like it, but as you said there were the big sleeves, as well as bumrolls to make the hips look big (which I think was the insperation for the big hoops for the hips during the 18th century and french revolution.)

Anywho, I was going to ask what type of clothing you were thinking of with Elantris and Warbreaker?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2007, 10:56:55 PM »
Elantris:  Renaissance Europe

Warbreaker: Early Mediterranean. 
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2007, 11:18:24 PM »
Sweet!  Thank you.  I'm trying to make all of the characters in the sims.

(And sorry about my comments.  I'm realizing after re-reading that they sound really impertinent.  *blush cringe*)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Comatose

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2007, 12:41:32 AM »
I thought your sketches of Vin were rather amazing, and while i don't know much about art, I might suggest that kelsier's feet seem rather blockish, however i don't want to be insulting, and you can ignore this comment if you wish.  It's just something that didn't work for me personally.  I would really like to see those ones that were suggestd by EUOL, he picked some good moment to see depicted.

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2007, 06:22:46 AM »
Thanks for keeping this thread alive, adn thanks for your comments, although some of them weren't directeed at myself.

Here's what's going on:

I will depict those scenes soon, but I don't have a scanner available to me at the moment, but I'm trying. I take korean classes for four hours in the morning, teach english, and then go to my illistration and 3d max classes for 3 hours at night, and then I have about 1 and a half hours of homework to do. ALSO, I'm entering the RSOM 8 contest, but I forget if you can submit more than one entry.

Anywho, trying to decide between some paintballing pirates, out of the ordinary fairies and purple dragon poems, a radio man and the unusual relationship between tibby the cat and a brownie, finding newton, or perhaps something from the old polina...as my friend likes to say.

So, I'll try to post something soon. Can't wait till I get back home so I can actually start using the stuff i'm learning.

P.S. I do think that first sketch of Kelsier sucks...so don't worry about insulting me.

-CandeeehhhhCottonish Lionnn...cha...pants...>.>-
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 09:33:14 AM »
Ha Ha!! I am still alive!

Unfortunately.

Anywho, getting back in 20 days! 20 DAYS!! Not tha I haven't enjoyed my time here, you know, with school and teaching and more school. -dies- BUT, I will focus all my strength towards my art...classes. -laughs-

so wait for something in 20 days.

and Mr. Sanderson!

YOU...... o.o....I will wait in L.A. on October 3rd! You must be there! i will make sign all of your books...in teh ENTIRE store...and my fanart..heheh..he.he.

I'm slightly crazy, too much rice can do that to you..o.o

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2007, 02:10:31 AM »
Lol.  Tell me about it.  I lived in Korea for a while.

Glad to hear you'll be there!  The date in LA is going to be at the Torrance Borders, one of my favorite stores in the area. 
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2007, 04:58:28 AM »
Shwoot, 16 more days. I apologize, this has become more of a half-assed blog over the summer, but I promise it will get better. Just registered for my 4 art classes, rather exciting for me, and Chinese. Sweeet.

I can't wait 'till October.

You lived in Korea?
When....Why...oO?

-weirded out-
-grins-
-throws candy-

I kinda wish I was going to be here for the release of Starcraft II, it looks so beautiful, and everything here in Korea will be on holiday for at least a month. -laughs-

Oh, and wish me luck, finally stylized my charries for my manga entry, one I get back to the US, you'll see a lot of that on my deviant. And more fanart. Yay for fanart!

polaris

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • It's dark in here... and we may die...
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
A gift...
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2007, 11:34:18 PM »
This is just my way of saying thank you, Brandon. Mistborn was one of the best novels I've read in a long while. I'm one my way out the door to pick up No.2, but first I wanted to give you this, and I figured this was the best place to do it.

You're officially the first author to inspire me to do fanart.  Now I'll never hear the end of it from the Potter-heads.

If the image doesn't load you can also checkout the link here: http://xpolarisx.deviantart.com/art/Coinshot-62924550

Sion_of_balance wrote: You again? What are you, the plague?!

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: A gift...
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2007, 06:05:52 AM »
I really like that! It's very nice.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2007, 12:34:54 PM »
oo! I like that! Hooray!

polaris

• Level 1
  • It's dark in here... and we may die...
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2007, 06:34:58 PM »
Thanks!   ^.^;;  It's not great, but i rather like it... it was supposed to be the scene where she's fighting Shan at the ball+ cloak  ((Hence the undies)) but now it appears to better suit the first battle in WoA.

There's also a colored pencil version here: http://xpolarisx.deviantart.com/art/Mist-born-62924213
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:50:26 PM by polaris »
Sion_of_balance wrote: You again? What are you, the plague?!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2007, 10:17:25 PM »
As my brother would say, "That's a slice of nice!"  ;D  Thanks for sharing with all of us, Polaris, not just EUOL (Brandon)!

The colored pencil is cool too. I think I like it better because it makes Vin less cartoony. Both are nice, though.

Hey, can I use it as a screen saver??
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT