Author Topic: You don't have to care, but: ARGHHH!!!  (Read 2242 times)

Master Gopher

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I do not disguise my nerdiness.
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
You don't have to care, but: ARGHHH!!!
« on: February 26, 2005, 07:37:11 PM »
Damn those types who say "I don't bookmark, I just remember my favourite URLs...".
Due to various Windows-related stuff-ups (The devil I say! I'm on Mandrake 10)  I lost all the locally saved stuff in my account. Including my bookmarks list.

Now, I'm a person who bookmarks *everything*. I'm also quite the forum addict, to the extent that I can't even remember all the forum urls. About half the list was "saving for a rainy day" type things. There were also webcomics, work-related things, and a lot of random sites related to llamas. All in all, at least 50 or 60 sites. I'm painstakingly developing the list again, but these things take time. I cant even remember most of the stuff I had bookmarked. Pure hell.

Oh, and another thing: now everything I've so far rebookmarked is useful. So very wrong. Hence, I'm looking for some very pointless slush to fill up the gaping rift in my soul. Any recs?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: You don't have to care, but: ARGHHH!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 08:39:08 PM »
That happened to me when I rebooted. I lost my list of 30 webcomics, divided into days (mon/tues etc) Dead and To read.

I also lost a bunch of 'i need to read this/show this to someone at some point' stuff. :(
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 09:00:20 PM »
I back up my bookmarks when I back up my documents. I haven't had a problem like that in ages.

Master Gopher

• Level 11
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 09:26:19 PM »
The problem is my documents on the server get backed up regularly, but as my bookmarks are stored locally, they aren't.
Main problem is, I can't remember half the stuff that was on there (but I'm sure it was useful.)

:'(

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 10:54:23 AM »
Do you have a small website anywhere?  That's what I use to do.  I'd put all my fav. sites on my website so I could link to them no matter where I was or what happened to my computer.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to change my website in forever. :(
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Master Gopher

• Level 11
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 06:11:53 AM »
That's an excellent idea. I'll do that, I think.