Author Topic: More Art for You to Digest  (Read 16920 times)

Errent

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: More Art for You to Digest
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2007, 03:45:24 AM »
What a fantasy faux pax! Back in Junior High I often had a Norton book alongside a Foster book and while the two styles are drastically different, I often think of one author when intending the other. Her numerous male pen names haven't helped me either. Forgive me. Alice (or Andre, or Andrew, or Allen depending on which novels anyone might have read) must be rolling over in her grave. Thanks so much for pointing out my mistake Ookla. At least I knew it was the author of WitchWorld. That makes me feel like I'm not losing my mind entirely.
"that answer is inextricably contingent upon the type of life being led... and, of course, the quality of the pancakes."

Swiggly

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Here's for trying, rhymes with dying
    • View Profile
    • Gaia Online Account
Re: More Art for You to Digest
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2007, 06:38:05 AM »
Wow. Thank's for the clarification.

I like that the 500 kingdoms are airy. I like an airy book every once and a while. I especially like one good knight because it's funny, and I like little funny airy books as well as books like brandon's (which I adore probably more than any other author). I like epic fantasies and intense action books. The outstretched shadow books were okay, I'd have to say - but they had a lot of non-interesting fillers which made me skim to get to a part where they were actually doing something other than playing chess

I wouldn't recomend reading a 500 kingdoms book to a young girl, though. Well, maybe. Just skip some parts that have to do a lot with virgins becoming non-virgins for some reason...
I want to be a publisher at Tor Fantasy when I grow up.

YAY