Author Topic: Write a Review of a Book Never Published!  (Read 3637 times)

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Write a Review of a Book Never Published!
« on: November 07, 2007, 07:36:20 AM »
On my website, I blogged about this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WH4TIA/sr=1-6/qid=1194256705/ref=olp_product_details/103-4212574-7236658?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1194256705&sr=1-6&seller=

That's an Amazon link to The Way of Kings, a book I wrote a few years back but NEVER PUBLISHED.  For some reason, Amazon threw up a sales page for it, even though it was only briefly mentioned as a possible follow-up to Elantris.  (I went with Mistborn instead.)  They even claimed to have a copy for sale a few days back!

Obviously, what happened was a copy from the future fell through a time warp and ended up for sale.  That one copy has sold, but I figure that if a mythical, non-existent book can sell through Amazon, we can do mythical, non-existent reviews for it.  (Kind of like the reviews for milk you can find on this link:)

http://www.amazon.com/Tuscan-Whole-Milk-Gallon-128/dp/B00032G1S0

So, if you feel like it, let your imagination run wild and throw up a creative review of The Way of Kings.  It would be fun to have some glowing, 5-star reviews for a book I never published and nobody has ever read!  ;)
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Shi

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
Re: Write a Review of a Book Never Published!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:47:43 AM »
Wow, that's just... wow. Ok, who actually put that page up? I mean, wouldn't they realize that the book doesn't even, ya know, exist?

This is just too much fun!

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 04:23:56 PM »
I thought you had to have an isbn to sell a book on Amazon.  This is really so incredibly odd.  And the first review is awesome.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:11:26 PM »
Amazon will asign a ASIN, which is an Amazon product ID,  to a product if they don't have an ISBN.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Merzbow

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 10:15:10 AM »
Two hilarious reviews up there now. Plus I'm betting the unfortunate soul who purchased that single copy is going to be very disappointed.

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 10:30:13 PM »
that's kinda fun! and funny.

I read this entire book in just one sitting!

who put that!? all 850 pages huh. hehehe

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 10:48:45 PM »
Since I have actually read the book, I'm tempted to write a 1-star complaint review. ;)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 12:32:41 AM »
Ha.  You didn't read THIS book, Ookla.  You read the one I wrote a few years back, true, but that one wasn't published by Tor in 2006.  Who knows what kind of wacky things ended up in the alternate dimension version that somehow made it into our Amazon system?  I say go ahead and write a review and write whatever you feel like. 
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 01:44:21 AM »
I assume that all the issues I had with the book I read got fixed in the alternate universe version due to the skillfull suggestions from alternate Moshe and alternate Joshua to alternate Brandon, so it would be unfair to write that review after all. ;)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Cheetaur

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 01:21:11 AM »
that is absolutely hilarious.  Any kind of comment you want in particular brandon?  how about "This book swept me off to a world I've never seen, character's I've never loved, and a story I've never believed.  The book of dreams, of endless possibilities... Without equal in the world of literature, this is a definite buy.  Let one, let all come and read this majestically impossible book."

Swiggly

• Level 4
  • Here's for trying, rhymes with dying
    • View Profile
    • Gaia Online Account
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »
Nice. You'll recognize me as Cynthia. It's not been helpful, though - so you'll have to click on the link. I was feeling a bit low on inspiration, so it's not that good, but it's fair.

I liked the one about Pemberly dancing. Funny Funny Funny.

I'll bet there are going to be some confused people there, the reviews seem somewhat....different from each other. ><
I want to be a publisher at Tor Fantasy when I grow up.

YAY