Author Topic: Nintendo day  (Read 2146 times)

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Nintendo day
« on: March 10, 2005, 06:29:44 PM »
So, today is March 10th. I didn't think much of this until I looked at the date display on my phone. It says "MAR10".

So I figure today would make a good candidate for national Nintendo day.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Nintendo day
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 06:52:32 PM »
oh how I hates him!

n8sumsion

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 07:12:39 PM »
In honor of that, you might find this article interesting. This is a summary of Iwata's keynote address at GDC today, talking about the Nintendo Revolution and plans for the DS.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/594/594935p1.html

Things I like? Revolution will be backward compatibile with GameCube. It will be WiFi compatible out of the box. A newly announced online DS network.

And, of course, the new Zelda trailer. Wow. Check it out here:  http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/thelegendofzelda/preview_6120155.html?gcst=lozgctr_gdc05_1394.asx&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_media
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 07:13:04 PM by n8sumsion »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 08:44:04 PM »
yes, I agree with Nate on the direction Nintendo is going.  They've decided not to compete directly with SONY and Microsoft with trying to get the most powered system, but instead go with ones that are uniqe and do things, gameplay wise, the others cannot.  Smart move me thinks.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 10:52:40 AM »
Microsoft have said that they cannot win the hardware power race with Sony, so they are going for a system that is easy to develop for, and are really really pushing Xbox Live and making the Xbox have universal profiles (setting inverted controls and colour schemes etc) across all games. Basically getting a user friendly thing. And reputation and honour rankings on Xbox live depending on what things you unlock in games and how well you play online - with other players grading you etc.

Sounds good to me.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch