Author Topic: Let the Games Begin!!!  (Read 33077 times)

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
Re: Let the Games Begin!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 11:20:26 PM »
How about a god?  As long as he doesn't have a wife/girlfriend who will turn you into something nasty or curse you.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Pemberley

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 05:28:00 AM »
A god would be eternally young and handsome, while his mortal mate would age and die.  Wouldn't it be depressing to date/marry someone way better looking than you?  Werewolves-too hairy.  Vampires-too creepy.  Fairies-too feminine.  The only justifiable alternative is a superhero, whose secret identity would allow him to live in the real world, but whose super powers would allow him to take you on some pretty awesome dates.  Plus, you'd have a wonderful altruistic feeling of knowing that your sweetheart saved the world.

guitarbabe

• Staff
  • Level 7
  • I have many true loves, I'm just not that true!
    • View Profile
    • www.stephaniefowers.com
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 05:25:07 AM »
Whoa! That was the most eloquent essay on dating superheroes that I have ever heard! You almost convince me to date one...well, actually, I had already decided on the superhero, well, a supervillain as some might argue!

Very nice!
"You’ve got more issues than National Geographic!"

"You’re like a soggy brown banana, the only use for you now is to get cooked."

www.stephaniefowers.com

guitarbabe

• Staff
  • Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2007, 01:34:53 AM »
Okay, you stragglers. You have until Thursday to come up with 'who you'd date mythologically speaking and why.' And then after that...well, you can STILL put stuff down, BUT it just won't count 'cause Nessa and I are gonna start judging...yeah!

And it's already going to be pretty hard 'cause there are some pretty good arguments here...so if you wanna make it harder, please, do, put in your two cents! Thanks.

www.stephaniefowers.com

cindylou33

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2007, 10:00:38 PM »
I always grew up knowing that someday I would marry the man of my dreams, which I have (with a few minimal alterations).  Staying true to those dreams (which are my subconcious hearts desire) he must be tall, dark and handsome.  Yes cliche I know, but I fall for that hook line and sinker.  I'm also a sucker for a few nicely defined muscles.  Fairy   Sorry hairy guys...if I cant see the muscle...  WEREWOLF  Also a heavenly scent stops me in tracks, drops my jaw and erases everything in my head but uh......wow my husband just walked by.  Ummm...oh yeah ZOMBIE  A nice tan and nice teeth and nice eyes also essential.  VAMPIRE  Srong verbal abilites, an intelligent mind, and a kind and caring heart also top the list.  With all those characteristics as a minimum the only one left on the list is...MY HUSBAND...who is a superhero.  Shhh...dont tell.  The physical description is a dead on match.  Hes  intelligent, kind, thoughtful, considerate and always serving others.  He takes care of our children, and he saves me every day!  Its a wonder that on top of everything he also looks hot in a cape!  (And yes this counts because we go on a date every week!)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 10:02:48 PM by cindylou33 »

Swiggly

• Level 4
  • Here's for trying, rhymes with dying
    • View Profile
    • Gaia Online Account
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 11:34:12 PM »
Well, This is a very hard decision, and I'll give it a shot.

I think the best one to date out of all the horrors, you would think - would be a fairy. You'd think of a sparrowman from Peter Pan. I don't think sparrow man. I think of a dallying Oberon. I don't want to be a Titania. They're terribly malicious towards each other, and that would be a terrible person to date.

I definitely would not date a zombie, for how boring would that be? Sitting through a movie like Sean of the Dead and having him groan and moan throughout the whole movie. Or not even responding when I ask him a question? Terrible.

I would definitely not date a superhero either. Think pompous, irritatingly arrogant, and completely absorbed with his hair looking just so! No intelligence. Think - If I like playing games that include a certain amount of risk, would he not come flying up to save me? Would he not be too clingly if I were to dump his ass? Yah. You see where I'm going here.

A werewolf - sure, he may be normal for the majority of the month. A couple of days without seeing him, or worse- seeing him. Don't you think that he would be a bit feral, even when the full moon wasn't out? A little hairy, a little violent?

So, I would date a vampire. I know what you're thinking. WHAT? who would be so stupid as to date a vampire? Well, they're nocturnal for one thing, and I like the night. I wouldn't have to see him that often even if I didn't like him. Usually they're very intelligent, have a nice, victorian sense of style. They live in castles, they have great cereal. They have a sense of humor, if a little cold. Count Chocula would be nice to have around.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 08:27:54 AM by Swiggly »
I want to be a publisher at Tor Fantasy when I grow up.

YAY

guitarbabe

• Staff
  • Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 01:51:39 AM »
You are ALL the cutest. This is going to be really hard, isn't it, Nessa???

www.stephaniefowers.com

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 08:11:23 AM »
*Rubs her hands in anticipation.

This is going to be fun!
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

BuKayLa

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 10:23:40 PM »
WOW I HAVE TO SAY THAT THIS IS A FUN QUESTION.  I LOVE QUESTIONS LIKE THESE WHERE THERE IS NO WRONG ANSWER- SOMETHING TO MAKE ME THINK. 

I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS LONG AND HARD, AND HARD AND LONG.  THERE ARE SO MANY ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES TO EACH POTENTIAL DATE MATERIAL.  HMMM.... 

LET'S START OFF WITH THE WAREWOLF.  I’VE SEEN SOME PRETTY HANDSOME WAREWOLVES, AND I LOVE TO GO OUT AT NIGHT. I REALLY LOVE HEARING THE MAN OF MY DREAMS SINGING TO ME UNDER A BEAUTIFUL FULL MOON, BUT I’VE ALSO DATED A FEW HAIRY GUYS, AND LET ME TELL YOU- THE CHEST HAIR PEEKING THROUGH THE NECK OF A SHIRT JUST DOESN’T DO IT FOR ME.  IT’S A LITTLE NAUSEATING.  IN FACT, MY DAD IS PRETTY DARN HAIRY.  CHEST, FACE, ARMS, BACK….. HE’S JUST A HAIRY MAN.  CAN YOU IMAGINE GOING IN FOR A KISS AND THINKING ABOUT YOUR OLD MAN?! EWW GROSS!  IF WE WERE TO GET MARRIED AND SLEEP IN THE SAME BED, I’D BE A BIT LEERY ABOUT THOSE TOENAILS, TOO.  ONCE I HAD TO SHARE A BED WITH MY SISTER, AND SHE PRETTY MUCH ATTACKED ME WITH HER FEET IN A DREAM.  SO NOW I’D BE SLEEPING NEXT TO A HAIRY GUY WHO REMINDS ME OF MY DAD AND MY SISTER.  OOOHHH BABY! IF THAT DOESN’T’ GET ME IN THE MOOD I DON’T KNOW WHAT WILL.  SO LOGICALLY- HE’S AN AUTOMATIC STRIKOUT.   SORRY, HARRY.

MOVING ON TO THE VAMPIRE:  I WON’T LIE – I LOVE WHEN A MAN KISSES ME ON THE NECK.  I’M FAIR SKINNED, SO I WOULDN’T REALLY WORRY ABOUT LOOKING WHITE NEXT TO HIM.  IF ANYTHING I WOULD LOOK GREAT WITH HIM – TAN, BLONDE HAIR – BEAUTIFUL! THAT’S WHAT I’VE ALWAYS WANTED!  BUT WHAT IF HE THINKS I’M SO BEAUTIFUL, AND STARTS KISSING MY NECK, THEN I GIGGLE, AND THEN HE BITES ME!? WHAT’LL I DO? I’LL DIE – THAT’S WHAT I’LL DO.  PLUS WHO LIKES BATS? “NOT I,” SAID THE DOG.  I CAN SEE THIS JUST ISN’T WORKING. NEXT!

FAIRY: SERIOUS? THAT’S AN OPTION? I DON’T REALLY SEE ANY ADVANTAGES TO THIS HERE.  I DON’T REALLY WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WHERE I QUESTION MY BOYFRIEND’S “ORIENTATION”. I THINK YOU ALL KNOW WHERE I’M COMING FROM.  WE’LL JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT.  I DON’T WANT TO WEAR THE PANTS IN ANY RELATIONSHIP. HE SHOULD.  PLUS, I HATE CLEANING, AND I HAVE A FEELING HE’D BE PRANCING AROUND MY HOUSE SPRINKLING THAT FAIRY DIRT (OH, ‘SCUSE ME….. “DUST”) ALL OVER THE PLACE.  I’D HAVE TO FOLLOW HIM AROUND WITH A DUST BUSTER, AND WHO WANTS THAT?

DATE A SUPER HERO? THAT SOUNDS FUN.  HE’S STRONG, TALL, DARK, HANDSOME, AND ROMANTIC.  BUT I GET JEALOUS FAST.  IF I SEE HIM SAVING ANOTHER DAMSEL IN DISTRESS, HE’S GONNA HAVE TO FIND A SUPER HERO TO SAVE HIMSELF FROM AN ANGRY GIRLFRIEND!  SURE HE’S HANDSOME AND RIPPED, BUT THOSE ARE GREAT REASONS FOR ALL THE OTHER LADIES TO BE SCAMMING ON MY BOYFRIEND!!  NOPE, I’M TOO SELFISH.  IT’S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

NOW - TO DATE A ZOMBIE; THAT JUST SEEMS LIKE A LOGICAL CHOICE.  HE’S PROBABLY NOT MUCH TO LOOK AT, BESIDES ROTTING SKIN AND SUCH. AT LEAST I KNOW THAT NONE OF MY FRIENDS WILL BE SECRETLY CHECKING HIM OUT, RIGHT?  I DON’T HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING JEALOUS.  I’M SURE THAT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS BEING DEAD, TRYING TO FIND A GIRLFRIEND HAVE BEEN EXHAUSTING.  ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ALL RUN AWAY SCREAMING!  POOR GUY….  HE’S JUST LONELY.  IT’S WHAT’S INSIDE THAT REALLY MATTERS.  UNDERNEATH ALL OF THAT TATTERED CLOTHING AND PROTRUDING ORGANS IS A KIND AND GENTLE-LOVING MAN JUST SEARCHING FOR THE LOVE OF A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN LIKE MYSELF.   WE CAN SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE TOGETHER, AND THEN WHEN I’M DEAD, WE CAN FINALY REST IN PEACE TOGETHER.  HE’D NEVER SAY THE WRONG THING – EVERYTHING ALWAYS COMES OUT AS “UUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGG!”  AND I’LL JUST RESPOND WITH “OH, THIS OLD THING?  WHY THANK YOU!”   OF COURSE HE’D THEN ADD “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH”  AND I’D SAY “IT’S THE NEWEST SHADE OF LIPSTICK FROM AVON – I KNEW YOU’D LOVE IT.”  WHEN I COOK FOR HIM, HE WOULD OF COURSE ALWAYS SAY “MMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM!” THAT'S MORE THAN I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT SOME OF MY PREVIOUS BOYFIRENDS...... HE’S THE PERFECT MAN.  WE WOULD BE SO IN LOVE WITH EACHOTHER!!

BuKayLa

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 10:26:33 PM »
OH YEAH - AND ANOTHER THING ABOUT THE SUPER HERO......  HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THE LITTLE SIDE KICK?  CAN WE SAY THIRD WHEEL?? :-\

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2007, 02:32:17 PM »
my first response was to delete that instantly, since the all caps are more than annoying in *any* forum and just shows a general disregard of other humans. However, since it's Stephanie's contest, I'll let her decide.

BuKayLa

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »
Sorry about the caps. I'm just really bad at punctuation and all that fun stuff.  My mind goes faster than my fingers so I don't want to worry about it.  I didn't want to offend anyone.   :-[

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
Do you mind re-typing it using proper capitalization (or at least somehting close). We're not huge sticklers for grammar and spelling (else we'd have lost our main coder years ago), but we expect people to try. I doubt many people are going to read your posts at all, let alone give you a chance to win.

guitarbabe

• Staff
  • Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2007, 08:09:28 PM »
Oh yeah, whatever...he's just jealous of your response! I thought it was great! No one has wanted a zombie yet. I was starting to feel sorry for the little guy! Bravo!

SO, THE DEADLINE IS TODAY, GUYS! IT'S YOUR LAST CHANCE TO PUT IN YOUR TWO CENTS FOR THE PERFECT...WHATEVER IN YOUR LIFE!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:28:52 PM by guitarbabe »

www.stephaniefowers.com

Faetan

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Faetan's Art
Awooooooo, Baby. Awooooooo.
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
The obvious choice would be the superhero.  But to all those who picked this?  Two words:

Gwen.
Stacy.

Yeah, Spider-Man fans know what I'm talking about.  C_C_  YEAH.

All these folks have their pros and cons, and I could go on and on about them.  But let's just stick to the basics here.

I'm-a go with werewolf.  I'm of German/Scottish heritage myself, so hairy men honestly don't bother me one bit.  And the howling at night?  Hawt.  (But I'm sure this is a PG essay, so I don't think details are necessary, eh?  Uwah ha ha ha ha ha!)

A werewolf man generally retains all of his macho self for the majority of the time.  And this doesn't bug me.  The more manly a guy is, the more secure I feel about being a girly-girl.  I assume he'd be pretty decently-built, too.  Whoever heard of a skinny nerdy werewolf?  We'd settle down in a nice log cabin out in the boonies, and when 'that time of the month' rolls around, I'm sure he'll bring back some fresh venison.  I'm all about that.

With his part-canine heritage, a girl would get all the benefits that came along with it.  Loyalty, devotion, affection, superomgomgfriggin' happy to see you come home, protective, and oh-so-pettable.

'But oh laws, how could you keep a werewolf under control????' some might ask.  Fear not!  Just follow this easy, money-saving guideline:

Step 1: Lay newspaper on a flat surface.
Step 2: Starting from the shortest edge, slowly roll said newspaper into a tight cylinder.
Step 3: Swat offender on the snout and state, in a very firm voice, "NO.  BAD." 

If these steps fail, withhold Beggin' Strips.

--Posted by your lovin' cousin, Steph.  :D