Author Topic: Hoid??  (Read 99791 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Hoid??
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2010, 06:45:16 PM »
I like the idea of damnation and salvation.  However, that's not what I was told.

Though, I REALLY like the idea of those two.  I would love to see them being some of the shards.  But it's not the most dangerous shard... *wink*
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Ari54

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »
I'd like to think that Brandon wouldn't always be so predictable as to pair off his superpowerful cosmic beings. :)

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #272 on: March 07, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
I'd like to think that Brandon wouldn't always be so predictable as to pair off his superpowerful cosmic beings. :)
Well maybe it's not in super obvious ways for all of them; I prefer patterns to just random shards surreptitiously placed in each world. Again with the whole Inuyasha thing, they keep searching for shards in random monsters, there is no rhyme or reason to it and that drives me insane!
And Brandon’s magic systems always run on rhyme, reason, and patterns. They’re never omniscient and all powerful like Gandalf, Dumbledore (in the movies), and Superman.
And I like that there are limitations, it makes the books so much more... palpable? (that may not be the word I'm looking for but it's all I can think of 8:46 am)
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »

HOLY NATALIE PERKINS!

Yo haven't been on in like . . . forever!  Welcome back.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2010, 11:25:01 PM »
Oh, I'm not suggesting there not be patterns, I'm suggesting my confidence  that there will be a pattern of patterns, or some underlying rules, that gives us reason to be surprised at the forces in play when we encounter shards.

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #275 on: March 12, 2010, 02:00:04 AM »

HOLY NATALIE PERKINS!

Yo haven't been on in like . . . forever!  Welcome back.

Thanks Miyabi! It feels so good to be welcomed =) *hugs self*
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)