Author Topic: Aaron North of Nine Inch Nails' touring band  (Read 3009 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Aaron North of Nine Inch Nails' touring band
« on: September 09, 2007, 06:00:52 AM »
...is the son of my ward's bishop, I was very surprised to learn last night. We were over at the bishop's house for an Elders' Quorum social, and I saw a concert photograph signed by Trent Reznor, Aaron North, and Alessandro Cortini. So I asked the bishop who the Nine Inch Nails fan was, and he said, "Me. Or, I'm a fan of my son, and he's the lead guitarist." (That was pretty much the last thing I expected him to say in response to my question.) We then had a rather interesting conversation.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron North of Nine Inch Nails' touring band
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 03:13:20 AM »
So did you ask him to break out the CDs and play his favorite NIN songs?
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 01:06:08 PM »
Well, I did have a District Leader on my mission who used to sing "Head's in your hole!" a lot

No, that's not a typo.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:03:30 PM »
Heh.

He didn't break out the CDs, but he does own the recent ones (I don't even know the names of the albums, it's not a like I'm really a fan). I told him how the only song I'd really listened to on purpose multiple times was the mashup of The Hand that Feeds and the theme from Ghostbusters. He hadn't heard of the mashup, but said he thought The Hand that Feeds had the most mainstream appeal of their recent songs.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!