Author Topic: Okay, Where is it?  (Read 2532 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Okay, Where is it?
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:19:11 AM »
Okay, you all know I'm not much of a Palladium fan, but I'm interested in the PFRPG for setting purposes.

I know someone wrote up a huge guide to the entire line, but I can't find it in the archives.

Help!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Okay, Where is it?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 05:38:38 AM »
http://www.timewastersguide.com/article/589/The-Ultimate-Guide-to-Palladium-FRPG

I need to link to each review in that article but I've reviewed most of them and you should be able to find them via the search.

edit: added the missing links

Even though there's a lot of generic stuff in PFRPG, it's a fantasy Role playing game so it's required to have generic elements, the setting has always stood out angst anything Wizards or any other company has done due to the care well thought out writing these books have.  Ya the rules aren't perfect but I really don't think there's a better company out there when it comes to setting books for RPGs.  Plus I've always liked their magic rules and magic items, it's almost more important for something to be unique then generic like D&D (all the big magic items in the game books come with their own stories and history).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 05:53:09 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: Okay, Where is it?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 06:43:57 AM »
Thanks, Sprig.

Palladium books always have great settings.  I can't stand the rules at all and find all manner of crunch horrendous.  That said, they are always cheap books and full of enthusiasm.