Author Topic: What do you do?  (Read 2204 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
What do you do?
« on: July 18, 2007, 05:23:04 AM »
So this is the scenario:

A fairly socially innept person of moderate physical attractiveness walks up to you and says: "I've just had the Spirit tell me that I should marry you." (a not so uncommon occurance among certain religious groups)

Co-worker response (female): Starts crying "Really? I've been praying for someone to say just that. I just came from the doctor and even though I'm a virgin--I'm pregnant. I been praying for someone to help me raise my child."

My response (male): Give her a big hug "I'm so happy I found you. I just learned I have only one year left to live and I need someone fertile to be the bearer of my children."

Other possible responses?
(Please nothing abusive or too off-colored)
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:45:23 AM »
What brought this on, 42? o.o
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 02:17:15 PM »
I assume these are supposed to be humorous?

"Good, I need a willing sacrifice to the Great Old Ones and they have demanded I marry her first."

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 05:38:28 AM »
"Okay, that invitation is what we call, 'less effective.' First you need to build a relationship of trust, then invite, preferably with a well-phrased 'will you?' statement."
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »
Male response:  "Why baby?  Ain't nothin we can't do now that we can if we get hitched.  Let's just hit my place."  <<wink and cheesy grin>>  (Mostly here, I'm digging for an offended response from the questioner after they have just put forth one of the lamest, but unfortunately not unheard of, attempts at matrimony.)

M/F response:  Start speaking in any foreign language at 10X speed, throwing your arms madly through the air.  If they're attractive, give em a big wet one and then turn your head and spit, then walk away.  If not, spit on their shoes and walk away.

Female response:  Fake a faint.

M/F response:  Give em your best donkey laugh and snort.  Then pretend that you're choking on your own phlegm.

Female response:  Look around frantically, grab the nearest random female walking past and say, "Sorry, but I think you misunderstood the message.  It was actually for her," and then turn and high-tail it out of there.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.