Games > Table-Top Games

Settlers of Catan, Risk Godstorm, Bonanza (The Bean Game)

<< < (5/5)

Comatose:
I prefer the classic, "(insert name here) gave me wood!" or yelling "THE W NUMBER,"  whenver a number is rolled that gives you wood and wheat.

Comatose:
 I also enjoy making "circles of happiness" and hogging all of one particular resource
Definition
Circle of Happiness-When you have three cities on one hex with a really good number, with roads connecting them.

zchance:
If you like Settlers of Catan, you should also check out Puerto Rico. While the format is very different it presents a similar playability. I've always felt that one of Settler's strong points is how every game is so different because of board configuration and the decisions of other players. With Puerto Rico, no single strategy works in every game. Your options are enhanced or limited by the previous player's decisions. It is a resource gathering game also like Settlers.

Settlers of Catan and Puerto Rico are the two most popular games at our house but generally Puerto Rico is more playable in the long term and tends to get played more often as a result.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version