Author Topic: LoTR Online open beta  (Read 2620 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
LoTR Online open beta
« on: April 07, 2007, 02:15:23 AM »
LoTR online is in open beta until the 24th
http://www.lotro.com/worldtour

it's a fun game and easily equals WoW in production value.  The clinent install is big (4 gigs) but I have a version from the stress test I can burn onto a DVD for any of the locals if they wish to play.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
Re: LoTR Online open beta
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 02:42:53 AM »
You failed to share what Server you are on? 

I am now on Silverlode But I may change at Golive IF I can find a Kinship that is made up of actual Tolkien BOOK fanatics. 

I personally use a Quenya -English Dictionary when I roll a new avatar so I get the name right and I am looking for a group of people JUST as pathetically nerdy as I am about it.  Someone who understands the controversy in the question "Do Balrogs have Wings?"

That all said I am Loving it!  I just would love it more if I could play with friends, Most of my MMO Gaming friends are still sucked into WOW so bad I couldnt even get them to TRY the free open BETA> 

You can find me on Silverlode most nights on my Elf-champion  'Nullaher' (Quenya for "Obscurity lord")
Alles!!!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 03:39:37 AM »
Sorry, haven't actually played due to finals though I did play a lot during the stress test.  I'll probably get on this weekend if I can.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »
I wanted to love it
I really did

The art is beautiful
The elements are corrrect
The Lore is accurate enough
The gameplay seems like it should work...

But It failed to excite me and I found myself logging in out of a sense of obligation

SO I have now canceled my Sub

Whats wrong with LOTRO.. I have no idea.. it just failed to grab me... The parts are all there, but the Sum didn't add up somehow
Alles!!!