Author Topic: Hellgate: London Demo Released  (Read 1697 times)

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Hellgate: London Demo Released
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:36:12 AM »
Haven't seen any discussion of this new game on the boards yet. Anyone else hyped for it? I just downloaded the demo (which was released Thursday), and I've been playing it and loving it so far. Basically, think post-apocalyptic Diablo II in 3-D, FPS style. It's made by the same guys who made Diablo II (they've since left Blizzard),  and while it doesn't seem quite as polished as Blizzard's typical game, it's been a blast so far. 6 different classes, fully randomized, random weapon drops . . . you name it. The demo's pretty darn short (unfortunately), but the game comes out on Halloween, so there's not much time left to wait. I'm planning on getting it the day of release, which I haven't done for a video game in years.

Basic online play is free, but there's also a $10 a month subscription plan you can play to get regular content updates, should you choose. Not sure if I have the funds to subscribe, but I'm all over the free stuff. Anyone else been paying attention to this game?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Hellgate: London Demo Released
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 04:06:27 AM »
I lost complete interest in this game about a year ago after they annoyed the pricing structure, Pay-to-Play games aren't worth the money and even though there's "free on-line" play you really get very little unless you pay.

The big insult of Hellgate is your paying $10/month for this extra content but as soon as you stop paying you loose all access to it--yet can still play the game.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 04:32:10 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.