Author Topic: Alcatraz audiobook  (Read 5093 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Alcatraz audiobook
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »
There's nothing to translate. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 06:36:42 PM »
I told EUOL this a long time ago, but the only way to make the Alcatraz audio book uber-cool would be to get the totally awesome reader of the Harry Potter auidobooks to read it--Jim Dale. But since EUOL has no say, my recommendation has even less influence. It is being published by Scholastic, who chose Jim Dale for HP, so hopefully they will make a similar excellent selection for Alcatraz.

It's probably a good thing that EUOL isn't reading it. Because, even though I'm sure he'd do a good job, Jim Dale proves that having a professional voice actor makes all the difference. Leave the writing to EUOL, and the reading to the pros.  ;)
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 06:43:04 PM »
Gemm needs to do it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 01:12:42 AM »
Chimera, I totally agree about Jim Dale. I was totally prepared not to like the HP audio books, I really just like to read and was afraid the visualization(SP???) wouldn't be there for me, but I was blown away. I wound up getting the other five, so I have all six of them. I will undoubtedly get the seventh when it is available on audio as well. I like to have the complete sets of things. lol

I hope that they find someone equally as wonderful for Alcatraz, if they can't get Jim Dale. I have faith though, Scholastic is usually really good about that sort of thing.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 04:39:32 AM »
I just got done listening to His Dark Materials audiobook, and I wouldn't mind seeing them do something alone the lines of what was done there and do a full dramatization type thing.  It would be really cool, although unlikely.

Still, I shall have to try it out (after, of course, my book copy is nearly dead.)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

amyface

• Level 3
  • coolbeans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 11:56:05 PM »
the library edition thing just means the library pays more for it initially. Then they can get replacements for free in the first year and then only have to pay about $7 for replacements later. i asked the woman who orders them for the library I work at and she said she liked the idea of having to make the librarians seem more stylish and punish people who reshelve the books.  I think most people in the library world would...
Dude, no no really, DUDE!