Author Topic: TWG on WoW  (Read 60583 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: TWG on WoW
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2007, 04:40:01 AM »
It should be noted that Stacer has upgraded to a full account, so we can send her teh lootz and things. She's already gotten some money and bags.

Now we'll just have to see how much self-control she actually has...

FHE didn't last as long as I thought it would, and I didn't go for the walk around Green Lake because it rained, so I'll be on later tonight after all. This really is a lot of fun.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Soryn

• Level 3
  • hey hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
I went ahead and made an Undead warlock on your server, named Einah. When are you guys usually online? It would be neat if we could group together if I catch up any time soon, hehe ^^

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2007, 10:16:10 PM »
Usually later in the evening, after 8pm ST or so. If you do a /who TWG you should be able to see who's online. A lot of people have invite privledges, so that shouldn't be a problem.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2007, 05:20:09 AM »
Yep, I already invited her.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2007, 04:37:43 AM »
My husband and I have come to the conclusion that we're closing our account. I'm so sorry guys. It was good times for me. It was fun to get to know y'all. I will miss the late-night instances and STV ganking. (Um, well maybe not that last one.)

/cries

So over the next couple of days I'll be sending stuff out and mailing my spare gold. This is why. Maybe one last dungeon for hurrahs, we'll see.

"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2007, 03:12:59 PM »
How sad!  :'(  It's been fun playing with you while it lasted, though.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2007, 04:23:54 PM »
Aw, darn. But we were so looking forward to having a good paladin to play with! Well maybe someday you'll decide it's worth the time and money again. Until then, it was fun playing with you.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2007, 05:36:49 PM »
I'm sorry to hear it, despite having just made the same decision myself. I didn't mail stuff out, though--how selfish of me.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2007, 06:42:21 PM »
Just as you all get me into it, you're leaving? :( Actually, though, I can understand. I spent a lot of time on it in the last couple of weeks, and now I'm kind of WoW-ed out. I'll get on later this week and hopefully be able to quest with other people, but doing it alone isn't so interesting at this point.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Nytwalker

• Level 2
  • I don't do THOSE kinds of photos.
    • View Profile
    • Eyeris Images
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2007, 06:12:21 AM »
It is much more fun when you can play with other people, Stacey, the problem we face is just getting people to same level so we can play together.

Nessa,  :'(  Just when we were getting to the fun stuff.  My guess is you guys decided it was just taking up too much time?  I can definitely understand that.  I'll throw in my 2 cents, then wish you luck:  Try setting either certain play times, or limiting the amount 0f hours you will play in a day or a week.  There is actually a built-in process for that in your account management (it will shut off the game once you have reached a certain amount of play time, however you set it up).  But, either way, we'll miss you!  My suggestion is you DO NOT sell your items or mail stuff away.  Just leave your account as it is, you may decide to pick it up again at some point and trust me, you do NOT want to start over.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2007, 06:54:15 AM »
LOL, Micah!

Yes, I'm bummed, too, but that's how it goes. I haven't been successful in limiting my time. That's a terrible thing about my personality, I let myself get obsessed and have to cut myself off in order to get back to normal. I'm convinced that if I weren't Mormon I'd be an alcoholic or druggie or something.

I deleted all my toons except for Nessarose, and sent all her stuff out to Chimera's toons (including about 60g+ worth of herbs). I didn't delete her, just in case we decide to come back in the future (I wouldn't count on it, though, my husband has much more self control than I do), and I'll keep her gear. Besides, she's an herb/alch, it won't be hard to build up her supply. I'll send out most of my gold to Chimera, too. That's something I can always build up, should I need to.

But, I should be available for an instance on Friday night when Mark is working. I don't think he'll cancel the account before then.

Parker

• Level 12
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2007, 03:48:32 PM »
Man, you even deleted your toons?  I could never do that.  I've let my account go inactive a couple of times, sometimes for four or five months, but I've always kept the toons and stuff.  Deleting the toons . . . would feel like murder to me.  Maybe I take this game too seriously.  Then again, I haven't been on lately--too much happening in real life.  I'm sure Heather and Micah are up to like lever 89 by now, and your character was probably right there with 'em.  Sigh.  But it was worth it--I got an editor to ask for my whole novel, so that has to be worth at LEAST 5 levels right there.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2007, 04:07:16 PM »
Yes. The point of deleting the toons was to cut myself off. No temptation before we cancel the account. Nessarose is still there, though. I couldn't delete her if I tried.

Parker

• Level 12
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2007, 04:33:17 PM »
That's a relief.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2007, 11:17:46 PM »
Man, you even deleted your toons?  I could never do that.  I've let my account go inactive a couple of times, sometimes for four or five months, but I've always kept the toons and stuff.  Deleting the toons . . . would feel like murder to me.  Maybe I take this game too seriously.  Then again, I haven't been on lately--too much happening in real life.  I'm sure Heather and Micah are up to like lever 89 by now, and your character was probably right there with 'em.  Sigh.  But it was worth it--I got an editor to ask for my whole novel, so that has to be worth at LEAST 5 levels right there.

I'm only at level 47! (Though, that is two levels higher than Micah, lol.)

But having an editor ask for your whole novel--that is awesome Bryce! Much better than 5 levels--even 10!!!

Nessa's incredible responsible-adultness has given me the resolve to play less and write more. I'm also joining the TWG writing group with that intent, since there aren't people HERE I can do a writing group with, and the only person here who I discuss my writing with is currently not talking to me. :P

I do play more when I'm not feeling well. Thus, why I leveled twice yesterday. As I get more consistently healthy, I imagine I will only play a few nights a week in the evenings, since the weeks when I was doing well, that was exactly what I did. My desire to play WoW < My desire to get out and be active/social--when I'm healthy. However, I do consider WoW to be social. Only way I get to hang out with certain people who are far away! Which is why I doubt I'll give it up completely.

We'd love for you to catch up, Bryce! And Einah and Stacy too--I like to help when I can. But I surely do love my lvl 47 pimped out, combat-speced rogue. Lately she's wearing an awesome red-and-black-leather outfit, including an awesome helmet Ben made for me that shoots a huge fireball (instant cast, too!). When I put the fiery daggers on, Zeliot looks like a Flaming Rogue of Death! :D

I love WoW. I can limit, but I don't think I can let go. Not right now, at least. ;)
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"