Author Topic: Mistborn 2 Editorial Review  (Read 1730 times)

Ruthie

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Mistborn 2 Editorial Review
« on: July 20, 2007, 07:13:57 PM »
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already, but when I went to Amazon's page for The Well of Ascension, I noticed there was an editorial review for it. It sounds pretty positive, even if it isn't terribly long.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Re: Mistborn 2 Editorial Review
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 03:42:05 AM »
Yup.  We were happy to get that; it only came to us last week.

As MB2 is, well, the second book of a series--something I've never really done before--I was (am) a little worried about how the reviews would go. 
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »
It's not much of a review though, beyond the summary. "entertaining read" "will especially please"
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

fanak

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 05:14:04 PM »
I liked the part "Sanderson's entertaining second Mistborn novel begins after most fantasy series end" considering that is one of the draws of this particular series. The first book took place after the typical adventure-climax had gone awry (i.e. the ancient hero lost), the second book takes place after most books end. I can't wait until the third book, and I haven't even read the second.

Also, just to let you know Brandon, I'm not buying Harry Potter until October so I could buy your book when it comes out.