Author Topic: Posting Standards  (Read 5538 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Posting Standards
« on: March 09, 2007, 09:57:52 PM »
You must check and post on the active thread twice a day, not counting weekends or US holidays.

Is this standard still active?  If not, what is the standard?  If people are only going to post once every four or five days, I'd like to not be making my way to a computer to check twice a day just to see nothing new...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Posting Standards
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 06:14:38 AM »
I'm rethinking the standard. Twice a day i'm thinking is too much. But inactivity hurts the game. What posting rate do you think is fair?

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 07:52:28 AM »
Last I checked it was three times a week…

You could make it 4 times a week?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 03:46:43 PM »
That is accurate. Twice a day is in the "old data" thread. Three times a week is in the current information. It fits in better with people's schedules. Until further notice, that's what it will be. Unless people feel like it should be more.

Incidentally, Gorgon, thank you for checking that frequently.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 08:08:20 PM »
Well, personally, I'd like to see it checked once a day, but on the instance that we can't work that out because people are too busy, I'd like there to be certain days people check it, that way we hear from everyone before we truck out and do something.  That is, if everybody checks and posts on the same days, we wont leave somebody largely out of any particular situation.  Plus, then the space between days will be regular, instead of somebody checking Monday, Tuesday, then waiting until Saturday to check it again.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 09:25:36 PM »
Yeah, I think Gorgon has a point. It's hard to tell if we are leaving people behind by posting too quickly. It does make sense that some people can't get to a computer every day, but I think that, since it doesn't usually take that long to post, every other day would be fair.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 09:01:23 PM »
So we're looking at a choice between every week day, or like a MWF thing. Your arguments are reasonable and practical. I'll add a poll later so we can get a vote on which everyone is able to do. Right now I have to go eat.