Author Topic: Chapter One: The Trouble with Trinkets  (Read 40464 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Chapter One: The Trouble with Trinkets
« on: March 03, 2007, 03:30:57 AM »
The S.N.E.A.K.S. headquarters is a granite block building with wood trim. It's three stories tall, which puts it much higher than the other buildings. The only other buildings are forges and other merchants. You were given the position and ordered to be there early in the morning. Most of the forges were only just starting, and the apprentices were mostly bleary eyed.

At the entrance stood an elf with slightly blue hair, his arms folded, his foot tapping the ground. "You're late," he stated as the first one of you arrived.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter One: The Trouble with Trinkets
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 03:57:52 AM »
"My apologies."
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 06:34:23 AM »
Rashial, coming in behind Solon, continues to look around down at the ground, looking at the building and the feet of the people around.  He looks up, into the eyes of the elf, and softly says, "So sorry...," his voice trailing off.  Then he mumbles very quietly, "No, no...not...no, no...," continuing to look around at the feet of those near him.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 07:27:54 AM »
Orfeo remains hanging upside down, bat-like, from an overhanging rooftop, watching the exchange below, not intending to interrupt the three.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Onion of Death

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 10:54:34 AM »
"*mumble, mumble* ... apologies..."

Olan studies the elf, loses interest quickly, and starts looking around the room for anything out of the ordinary. He waits until the elf says something else before taking any other actions.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

Tjaeden

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 04:42:02 PM »
"Oh man, I'm so terribly late."

It looks as if Keating just got out of bed - ruffled clothes, unkept hair, and he has not shaved.
But, relying on his personal charm, he gives the elf one of his best grins.

"I'm sure this won't be a problem - will it?"
Once I dreamt of death /
now it dreams of me,
And only rats and rotting flesh /
can hear my silent plea...

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 01:50:01 AM »
((if we could do a bit more calling your character's name out till we get used to who controls who, that would be great))

Magnisin scowled. You get the impression however, that he would scowl even if told by the woman he loved that she had just inherited a vast estate and was giving it to him. "Enter please." It came out as more of a command than a request. He gestured to the door.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 05:32:17 AM »
Rashial looks up at Magnisin quietly, runs his eyes up and down his figure, then begins to step forward without confidence.  A few steps forward he stops, looks up and raises one of his eyebrows at Magnisin, almost sarcastically, then shakes his head and steps through the door, again mumbling something incoherantly apologetic as he passes the Elf.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 04:05:22 PM »
Olan takes a swig from one of his flasks, puts it back into his jacket, and enters.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 05:43:50 PM »
Esmerelda Safire stealthily joins the procession of new hires, and the blue-haired elf doesn't notice. She smiles and toys with her bracelet as she follows the party inside.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 06:17:14 PM »
Dink is the last new team member to show up. He is holding a small pile of semi-detached pieces of metal and wiring and springs. His electronic eyes narrow as he studies what's in his hand. He stops for a moment, almost in front of the elf, and starts fiddling with some of the pieces with a sort of tool. Until he notices the scowl on the elf's face. Grateful his metallic body isn't capable of blushing, he hurries into the building, where the secretary is directing you all to a conference room with very uncomfortable.

"Sit," Magnisin says as he enters the room, closing the door behind him.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 01:41:53 AM »
Rashial sits.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 01:51:06 AM »
Solon gives Keating a look of anger and hatred, but remains silent as he enters and seats himself.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 03:42:31 AM »
Esmerelda looks sideways at Solon and then back to Keating. She trundles over and sits between the two. Elbowing Keating, she whispers, "Looks like the politicking has already begun, doesn't it?"
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 04:41:47 AM »
Orfeo tries to generally find a comfortable sitting position among the others, eventually hopping up onto Rashial's shoulder, nestling down and trying to act like there is nothing at all unusual about sitting on the shoulder of a complete stranger.  After he gets settled down, he rests his arms on his legs, and his chin on his fists, looking generally bored.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."