Author Topic: Ham's corner -- points to ponder  (Read 3263 times)

vadia

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Ham's corner -- points to ponder
« on: February 26, 2007, 09:48:47 PM »
If we support Brandon, then he will get all sorts of fan mail and fame and the effect could be quite negative.  He won't have time to spend with us.  It will inevitably effect his family by taking away his time from them.  And the temptation to give in to the new fame might get to his head. 
Perhaps we shouldn't support him.  (3... 2... 1... Breeze's head explodes) 

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: Ham's corner -- points to ponder
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 05:14:06 AM »
Heck, his family is taking his precious time away from us.  I say we rob him blind, thus forcing him to write for more money, and kidnap his entire family and all of his personal friends, transporting them to a moon colony which is unreachable except by our secure lines.  This way,  he'll have no choice but to give in to our demands and finish more books, and spend more time talking to us about his books.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

vadia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 05:34:21 PM »
Clearly that won't work, in that his family is indubidably a great inspiration.  We would end up with less books and replies due to moodiness and surliness and the quality would decrease also -- or were you being sarcastic?

???That gets me thinking, does sarcasm erode at the truth?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:36:57 PM by vadia »

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »
he wrote a heckuva lot before marriage. So I don't know why you're thinking that would affect his productivity.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 10:31:22 PM »
His family can still motivate him from the moon.  I mean, if they motivate him here now, think about how much they would motivate him when we're telling him each word is another minute the oxygen machine runs!
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »
No one sends Pemberly to the moon!  I would miss her too much.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

vadia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 06:38:50 AM »
I am concerned about the morality of sending family members to the Moon (and Mars is no better) with threats of death.
Were he alive I would just ask "WWLRD?" (What would Lord Ruler do).  Then I'd probably do the opposite.  But, no, Obviously a dead God is not a God (or is it?) and I haven't quite decided on a religion, but maybe I can believe in Omniquantism -- the belief that all beliefs are true. 
Though that does make a morality discussion difficult. . .

Never mind that, let us understand your position -- you feel that the more people that get a benifit the better -- given that this is so by my new religion it's perfectly fine to eat you as long as we serve a lot of people your vittles.  Or am I in error about your philosophy.  I do tend to, as a soldier and mercenary have such simplistic thoughts, you know.

Ham's thoughts are not the authors nor the creators thoughts for Ham.

MPlease

• Level 4
  • You mean my character concept can't be 'pink hair?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 10:03:33 PM »
I think I need a bumper sticker or a t-shirt with "What would Lord Ruler do" on it...  ;D

To stay on topic, I vote against sending the loved ones  to the moon. Think of the transportation costs. Maybe Michigan, which could possibly be worse depending on which peninsula you pick, but not the moon.
English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 10:24:05 PM »
Michigan would work beautifully!  I'm from Michigan, and I can keep an eye on the family.  Don't worry, Ms. Fish, you constitute a friend, so we'd be taking you, too.  That way you don't have to miss anybody!
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Pemberley

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 01:46:47 AM »
I refuse to go to the moon. (or to Michigan for that matter)  ;)

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 06:00:00 AM »
Why Michigan, when we could send them to Canada?  That way we'd all get free healthcare!  And if we didn't work, we'd get government stipends, to boot!
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

vadia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 07:35:56 AM »
While this banter may be livelier than Breeze's it isn't very philisophical. . . hmm. . .  maybe that idea was too controvertial?

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 06:37:34 AM »
Or maybe it wasn't contriversialiscious enough.  That is to say, perhaps the controversialisciousity index was too low.

Yeah.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

;D.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 06:40:55 AM by GorgontheWonderCow »
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 02:22:43 PM »
*puff*
hrm. Surprisingly flavorful.