Author Topic: Dragonsteel  (Read 59398 times)

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonsteel
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2010, 09:12:49 PM »
I thought I heard mention of a "Two SA books, one other book, Two more SA books, etc." pattern.
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
That works too. :)
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2010, 09:29:26 PM »
I thought I heard mention of a "Two SA books, one other book, Two more SA books, etc." pattern.

This is what I recall. Especially in the beginning seeing as there are no plans for another book before the second SA book, according to whats been said in this thread.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2010, 09:36:05 PM »
That is right, but it remains to be seen what happens in practice. Also, this does not include any non-Cosmere books Brandon might write, such as his YA stuff, which could happen whenever he feels like it.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2010, 09:43:21 PM »
That is right, but it remains to be seen what happens in practice. Also, this does not include any non-Cosmere books Brandon might write, such as his YA stuff, which could happen whenever he feels like it.

Understandable. Does he write his YA when he needs a break from the real stressful stuff? YA seems like an area where he can relax and enjoy the writing process more then he would in other projects.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2010, 10:14:40 PM »
You can assume that anything that Peter says is true unless Brandon directly contradicts it AFTER Peter says it.

I'd be willing to bet that the Stormlight Archive is not going to be released back to back. I expect at least one non SA book between each book in the series.

I think either Peter or Brandon has said something along those lines, or at least that's what the plan is. I can't recall exactly what it wa, but I think it was something like 'One Stormlight book, the next Wheel of Time, Two Stormlight books, etc..." That doesn't seem right, so don't quote me on that order.
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

libraloco

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2010, 10:36:23 PM »
I had also heard of the two SA, one non-SA, but I wasn't sure if he'd try to do Dragonsteel (7 books, right?) while he's also doing SA. That would seem like a lot.

And when he says two SA, one non-SA, does he mean that there will be one year where there is no SA or does he mean that two books will come out in the same year, with only one of them being SA? So would that mean if he tries to do a trilogy that there will be a one to two year gap in between them?

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2010, 01:24:58 AM »
Yeah, he'd probably finish SA before starting on Dragonsteel, or, say, the next Mistborn trilogy.  But I understand that he's got a lot of ideas for standalone novels, including possible sequels for Elantris and Warbreaker.
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »
And when he says two SA, one non-SA, does he mean that there will be one year where there is no SA or does he mean that two books will come out in the same year, with only one of them being SA?

Depends on how long the books take to write, but he'd like them in the same year if possible.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

libraloco

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2010, 07:00:49 PM »
And when he says two SA, one non-SA, does he mean that there will be one year where there is no SA or does he mean that two books will come out in the same year, with only one of them being SA?

Depends on how long the books take to write, but he'd like them in the same year if possible.

Wow... There are some authors who can't even write a book a year, but TWO books at the size he writes them is just amazing.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2010, 09:45:50 PM »
Let me see if I'm understanding this alright: Two books a year, that's a definite, with it being two SA books one year, then an SA and one other book the next year?  Feel free to correct me on this, but that's the idea I'm getting.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2010, 01:28:35 AM »

Wow... There are some authors who can't even write a book a year, but TWO books at the size he writes them is just amazing.

Keep in mind he has drafts at various levels of progress for a lot of his "Cosmere" works. :)

libraloco

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2010, 04:00:23 AM »
Keep in mind he has drafts at various levels of progress for a lot of his "Cosmere" works.

That makes me excited.  :)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2010, 04:16:00 AM »
Let me see if I'm understanding this alright: Two books a year, that's a definite, with it being two SA books one year, then an SA and one other book the next year?  Feel free to correct me on this, but that's the idea I'm getting.

No, that's not right. There will never be more than one SA book per year. Every other year (after the Wheel of Time is done) there may be a non-SA book as well as an SA book, if Brandon writes fast enough. If not, there will be years that have a non-SA book and not an SA book.

ancientcampus

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2010, 11:06:56 PM »
Thanks, Peter!

Okay, I'm sorry if this has been said anywhere, but I want to make sure:

I know WoT and SA are two huge projects, but is Mr. Sanderson still planning on writing Dragonsteel, eventually?