Author Topic: Dragonsteel  (Read 59382 times)

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonsteel
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2010, 11:16:36 PM »
Wow, the forums must have been a different place when this thread was active.  EUOL posting unpublished stuff right on the sight for people to peruse and comment on.  That was probably back in the day when most of the people here knew him personally.  The addition of the more general fanbase is probably why we don't have threads like this anymore.  Or I'm completely wrong!
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2010, 12:34:47 AM »
Most of the people on the first page know Brandon personally.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2010, 01:59:40 AM »
This sort of makes me wish I'd come here and bothered myself to register when I first read the books - I love getting inside the rationale and the process.
I fail at creation myself but watching it in progress is incomparably beautiful.

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2010, 06:29:55 AM »
Woah, I just went back and looked at the first page out of curiosity.  I didn't know you wrote, Peter.  Any chance of you getting published one day?  Or maybe you're already published and I missed it. ;)
-Peter Ahlstrom

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »
I rewrite Japanese books translated into English—into better English. The book I was referring to was probably this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1427801126/ (or the one that came before that). But I mostly do manga. And I do some copyediting—I have done four Forgotten Realms novels. I'll be doing a lot with Brandon's future books.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2010, 07:03:28 PM »
My idea of who you are as a person has shifted drastically.  You just got about three times more awesome.
-Peter Ahlstrom

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »
I rewrite Japanese books translated into English—into better English. The book I was referring to was probably this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1427801126/ (or the one that came before that). But I mostly do manga. And I do some copyediting—I have done four Forgotten Realms novels. I'll be doing a lot with Brandon's future books.

OT but: .hack//SIGN was one of my all time favorite animes when I was younger.

Good to know you have job security huh Peter? Just don't piss off BS and you're good. Heh
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2010, 09:56:49 PM »
I worked at TOKYOPOP for four years and currently do (freelance) all the .hack manga rewrites (among others). I didn't do more than those two novel rewrites because it's a lot of hours and pays poorly.

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2010, 10:01:45 PM »
I rewrite Japanese books translated into English—into better English.

I kind of gathered from your Twitter - I'm a deranged foreign media junkie by the way (but I can only read Latin derived languages so I'm dependent on awesome people like you for my comprehension of anything).

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »
Neh, Peter, when does the next Dazzle come out?  That's a dang freaking good series!
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2010, 02:26:45 AM »
It was supposed to come out this month but has apparently been delayed...

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2010, 03:11:07 AM »
Suck!  I'll just keep an eye out then.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2010, 04:48:09 AM »
how did brandon have time to write all of these books before being a full time author? We all have to work. Did he just come home from work and this is all he did?

did he write books and then mail them to publishers? why was his 6th book elantris his first book published?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2010, 06:22:58 AM »

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »
Peter: Are you brandons assistant or are you a writer also? There is someone named Dan I think. Is he a writer also?