Author Topic: Gears of War  (Read 2714 times)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Gears of War
« on: January 23, 2007, 04:53:20 AM »
Hey, so I've heard some really good things about Gears of War lately, and added to the fact that it was the game to finally knock Halo 2 off the number one most played games on Xbox Live I'm seriously considering checking it out. The problem is, some of the people I've talked to it about aren't exactly those whose opinions I respect, so I'm interested in finding out what people here think. So...on with the talking! To those of you who have played it, what are some of the things that you liked or didn't like, and would you reccomend getting it?
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: Gears of War
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 01:40:15 PM »
I have this, and it's fun for what it's supposed to be. I mean, even though you do just run, gun, duck, cover, and do it all again, there's something about that that just makes me say "squee!" I haven't played much of it on Live, but the little that I have I can say that it was fun.

My favorite part is the chainsaw. Oh yes, definately loving that every time it goes through their body. I'd say this should be on your shelf next to Call of Duty 3.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 12:01:56 AM »
Alright, it looks like I'll have to check this out, but on the other hand, I've heard some reviews of Call of Duty 3 that have been less than exemplary. :)

Robert_Boyd

• Level 3
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »
Gears of War is a good game.  I haven't tried multiplayer yet (just got a Gold account earlier this week and I've been busy with Heavy Weapon), but single player was fun.  Too short (about 7-10 hours), but at least the three difficulty levels provide a nice graded challenge.  From what I've heard if you have a friend to play co-op with, it's incredibly fun. 

All in all, not as good as Resident Evil 4 IMO, but what is? :)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 06:20:24 PM »
GoW sold about 2 million copys in 2 months and is the best reviewed game for the 360, heck it's even selling well in Japan which FPS never do because Japanese hate them.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 09:42:27 AM »
Yeah, well a bunch of my friends kept talking about it, which is why I started wondering if I was missing out on something cool. Of course, thats pretty much stopped now that we've started having weekly Halo lan parties, but still.

pengwenn

• Level 4
  • Is this my reality or yours?
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 05:59:46 PM »
I'm more of an RPG gamer than a FPS gamer, but I love this game.  There's nothing like that "Oh crap" moment when you realize you're being flanked by the enemy and you've got a man down.  My style of play is more "run and gun" so being cautious and remembering to use cover can be a challenge for me sometimes.