Author Topic: Cool Program  (Read 6970 times)

Firemeboy

• Staff
  • Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Spoooon!
    • View Profile
    • Chickens Don't Have Armpits
Cool Program
« on: December 18, 2006, 10:35:24 PM »
Do any of you remember those choose your own adventures books?  I used to eat them up as a kid.  Then when I was older, and learned how to read, I found even more pleasure from them.

Well, there is now a very (and I do mean very) easy program out there (and of course, it's free) that lets you create this type of thing on the web.  I went back and put the first chapter of my book in this format.  It is now is more 'interactive', and reads kind of like an adventure with choices instead of just a linear story.  Granted, the choices don't branch out much, but I'm thinking about adding some.  I think it would be a great way to market a book to kids.  Give them 3-5 chapters of an adventure online, and then encourage them to read the book to find out how the story unfolds.

Anyway, if you're interested in the program, you can find it here.

http://gimcrackd.com/etc/src/#Twee

And if you'd like to see an example, e-mail me and I'll send you what I did this morning (took roughly 15 minutes).  It's just a simple web page, but there isn't any way to post a file in here.  My e-mail is matthew q buckley at gmail dot com.  And of course take out the spaces and replace the at and dot.
Licensed to dispense PEZ in 28 states.