Author Topic: Ripper mark 3  (Read 2008 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Ripper mark 3
« on: December 13, 2006, 05:44:36 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/6175669.stm

How come they always go after the prostitutes? :( This one is a lot faster though, since he's already killed 5 women in the space of 10 days. Wonder if that is better or worse - normally this kind of killer murders slowly, so police have time to work on the case but the killer is more careful, wheres this one is moving so fast he must surely make more mistakes? One of the girls comes from the town where I live, as well. Nasty stuff.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 05:47:32 PM by Entsuropi »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: Ripper mark 3
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:24:18 PM »
I read this on Yahoo news yesterday. Very scary stuff. I hate stuff like this, and I'm sorry to say it, but I'm glad it's nowhere near me.

One reason they probably go after the prostitutes is that they are easier to coerce into a situation where they can then kill them. Random girl on the street may put up a fight, but a prostitute who thinks you're a customer won't. Sad, but true.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 01:19:20 AM »
Actually, as one of the coppers pointed out, a girl who works the streets probably has a better sense of who is going to cause trouble. They have to be careful who they deal with, if they want to stay out of the hospital. So it's likely that whoever is behind this isn't someone who is obviously a danger, as the prostitutes would never go near him.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 02:10:35 PM »
it's also possible he has some sort of issue psychologically that he has connected to prostitutes specifically, and he's seeking them out.

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 06:26:46 PM »
It looks like they got the man, here is a link to a news story that I found about it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0612230148dec23,1,7561863.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed