Author Topic: Call for Articles: Give us your love  (Read 141582 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Call for Articles: Give us your love
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2009, 01:42:26 AM »
My guess would be yes.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2009, 01:47:28 AM »
We need to do something to get these new folks writing the occasional article… I figure people ought to be capable of writing an article at least once every 15 levels or so...

Well then. As of right now, I'm officially on reading break, so I'll see what I can come up with in the next little while.

:D

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2009, 02:28:59 AM »
If you are writing an article/review, be sure to read what we've posted in the past so you can get an idea of the format and style of what we will post.

If I don't like it I won't post it. That means bad writing or profanity. That kind of stuff makes me grumpy.

If I like it, but it needs work, I'll email you and give comments so you can resubmit it.

You can always PM me if you submit something to make sure I see it. I don't always look at the queue lately since there's been so little activity. And, well, I'm a little burned out myself on writing book reviews lately, so haven't done anything for a while.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #318 on: February 17, 2009, 05:32:30 AM »
Generally, though, we like anything.  That said, we prefer newer stuff.  I also don't think we've posted a music review yet (have we?)
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2009, 10:27:14 PM »
Any rules on submitting more than one review at a time? I'll take a look at what's up there first, but I have a couple things I could maybe do.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 19, 2009, 12:27:51 AM »
Any rules on submitting more than one review at a time? I'll take a look at what's up there first, but I have a couple things I could maybe do.

You can submit as many as you'd like. I just won't post them all at once. Usually if there's more than one thing to post I do a Monday/Wednesday/Friday rotation.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #321 on: February 19, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »
Maybe we should switch to Monday/Friday?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."