Author Topic: Welcome to TWG Forum 4.0!  (Read 15309 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Welcome to TWG Forum 4.0!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 03:18:33 AM »
I didn't insult you, I said if you can't play nice then don't play at all.

You're the most negative person on this forum, heck you're the most negative person I know, and all I ever see you do is complaining or talking down to people over their personal tastes trying to tell them the only correct way to do something is they way you'd do it and they're stupid for not doing it your way.  I personally am fed up with spending all my free time doing things for people only to have you come in and try and tear it down, and who are you to do that?  What makes you better then everyone else?  What gives you the right to bitch and moan about a FREE site and how people who spend their time with no compensation do things?  If you want to pay me lots of money do be the designer of this site then I'll consider listing to your demeaning talk but until then shut up and if you can't go away.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:25:40 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 03:26:30 AM »
You said I was petty and only concerned about nit-picking. That is an insult, or two.

Whatever. I don't come here for you, and I don't know anyone who does come here for you. But you may well drive me away. And if no one here wants me around, then I may very well go.

EDIT: If I go to a website and what shows up on my screen looks like this, there is no way you can say that is good design and good implementation.

I like TWG because it is where my friends from The Leading Edge hang out. You didn't go to The Leading Edge, so clearly we have different tastes in friends.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 05:19:49 AM by Ookla The Mok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 05:18:43 AM »
How do I get Fell Points? 
For those of us who aren't admins, is there a way we can nominate a thread or something a TWGer has done for consideration?
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 06:27:42 AM »
How do I get Fell Points? 
For those of us who aren't admins, is there a way we can nominate a thread or something a TWGer has done for consideration?

Dono, never came up in our discussions,  I do know that we thought it was best to limit giving FP via forum posts to special circumstances. Until I comment I think I'll wait to here what Fell says since FP are more or less his juries diction.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 06:40:23 AM »
EDIT: If I go to a website and what shows up on my screen looks like this, there is no way you can say that is good design and good implementation.
Oh heaven forbid if that actually bothers you that you couldn't spend 2 seconds decreasing the width of your browser window so you don't have that blank space, you know like how most Mac users use safari since most websites out there (including apple's) don't extend to fill out such a high resolution.  Heck if this forum extended to that resolution you'd be complaining that we're wasting space height wise.  And here I am actually worried that I over reacted to your point but after seeing that screenshot I know I was right to say everything I did.
I like TWG because it is where my friends from The Leading Edge hang out. You didn't go to The Leading Edge, so clearly we have different tastes in friends.

hehe, that statement is funny.  Glad we could end this argument with a good laugh.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 08:20:24 AM »
Sprig, he doesn't like the site design. That's fine, lay off him.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 05:11:28 PM »
I like the new site design.  I have no problem using it.  I am pleased.

My one suggestions would be, perhaps to center the entire thing.  I don't know the code used so I don't know how hard it would be to make the top bar fixed width and centered, while the posts section is at 100% width, but I might, slightly, prefer that.

Oh, and also, I am having minor login troubles, reference: the call for articles thread.

"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 05:44:02 PM »
Ha ha...  It's nice to see that while some things change, much remains the same.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 06:02:33 PM »
Also, because I forgot to mention it in my last post: many many thanks to Spriggy for getting this all coded and put together and live. Width issues aside, I think we can all agree that the new forum has a lot of really great features we never had before; at the very least, it's a lot easier to maintain from the back end. I especially like the old timey theme that he and 42 developed. Well done all around.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 08:38:27 PM »
My one suggestions would be, perhaps to center the entire thing.  I don't know the code used so I don't know how hard it would be to make the top bar fixed width and centered, while the posts section is at 100% width, but I might, slightly, prefer that.

Humm...Shouldn't be to hard to do.  I'll look into it.
Oh, and also, I am having minor login troubles, reference: the call for articles thread.

I've noted that and will look into it.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 10:07:52 PM »
New New Post Icons are up, let be know if that blue is too bright.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 10:13:40 PM »
Oh, that's much better. I was having a hard time figuring out whether it had really changed with the just darker/lighter combo.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »
They look great.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 11:28:34 PM »
The store button isn't working for me. I don't know what the deal is, but whenever I click on it it just pops up a new window with the forum.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 12:03:25 AM »
I'm really liking the new layout. Especially those spiffy NEW! buttons.