Author Topic: Admin?  (Read 4880 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Admin?
« on: August 13, 2005, 04:13:32 AM »
It seems like this would run much more smoothly if there was a dungeon master or sort running the show.  This person can hold onto all of the stats for all of the systems, take commands for combat privately, and keep files tracking technologies.  This opens up for a much less awkward and more strategic battle experience, diplomatic experience, plus it could add in the ability to use spies, tell the admin where spies are going, they roll some dice or something (we can come up with a system) and give out a certain amount of information about a certain planet, military or technology tree of the player being spied upon.

It wouldn't, however, be fair if the GM was also playing if they were keeping track of all of these secret files, however.  Do you guys think it's a good idea to have a not-playing GM? I think it would make the gameplay much more interesting, and if nobody else was willing to give up their playing spot I would gladly GM.  I just think it adds beneficial layers to the experience, not to mention it makes everything MUCH easier to keep track of, otherwise I can see tons of stats and stuff not being kept track of and the game falling apart due to too much stuff being dealt with by all of the players.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: Admin?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 05:05:04 AM »
A GM wouldn't want to play in the same capacity of the other players, but he could command a "neutral" or "objective" force or what-have-you which is not on par/competing with as a player, but is more there for story/amusement/etc.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Mr_Pleasington

• Staff
  • Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 12:24:24 PM »
As mentioned in the "About" post, this will be designed for play both with and without a campaign moderator.  Playing with a moderator will be much more smooth.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 03:25:28 PM »
The admin could do the random events sort of thing. Like in AC you could have asteroids land on bases. Or in a trek game, Borg.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Staff
  • Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 12:47:41 PM »
Already on my design sheet.

Great minds think alike.