Alternate Realities > Endless Stars

Planets and Systems

<< < (2/4) > >>

Entsuropi:
Also: there should be synergy bonuses to having multiple regions of the same type together. Otherwise players will just have patchwork quilts of random placements to avoid losing all of one type during an invasion. Again, strategy. Do you put ALL your industry together to gain (ever decreasing) synergy bonuses, or spread it out in smaller clumps for added safety?

The Jade Knight:
Each unit could have deploy capabilities as part of its description (etc).

FYI:  There are several good/free world/solar system creation websites out there, which could be used to make "world generation" easy.  However, if one wants to oversimplify, a more abstract in-house generation system may be used.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo:
I think that you should be able to pass the maximum population of a certain region in exchange for morale, for 1% you are passing the region's population limit, take 5% from net morale of the region.  I think the net morale of a system should be the averaged morale of the ten sectors of your planet, with any modifiers added on (enemy fleets in system, for example).  

Things like Outbreaks, Terrorism, etc. could effect the region they are in, which would be determined by rolling a ten-sided die, with 100% capacity, and all other regions on the planet with 10% capacity.

For Example:
A terrorist attack takes place in sector 2/10 on my planet.  The roll of two ten-sided die multiplied together states the significance of the attack.  I roll a 7 and a 5, so it takes away 35% from that region's net morale.  All other regions on that planet have 3.5% taken from their net morale.

The same system can be instituted for system-wide things, such as having a system at war.  This could put a XX% reduction from that system's net morale, and an X.X% reduction from all other system's net morales.  This type of system puts a more realistic universe-wide morale replica, but it could be a little too complicated for a game that is supposed to be macro...

Mr_Pleasington:
Entropy, that's a fantastic idea.  Let me put it in a bit more context though and we can see where we run with it.

Hmmm...I was going to write a post trying to wedge this into the system I've already laid out, but I'm going to spend some time trying to revise the system to make this work.  I like the idea of population allocation a lot.  I also like the morale system a lot and I need to figure out how much I can get them to work together.

One thing...10 zones will be too much.  Planets won't have that many troops usually.  3 to 4 is more like it.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo:
Fewer zones makes a lot of sense, because even if there is a GM taking care of all of the stats and such, a player would get confused having seven systems and ten sectors on each system...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version