Local Authors > Writing Group

Gears and Rotations

(1/2) > >>

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock:
Ok, I've had this cool idea for a story. Its about these beings that pull the planets in our solar system, and each Earth new year (since its the only one inhabited) they start a race. They've been doing this for 2003 years, but Venus (is that the planet that gets around in one rotation before the other planets?) always wins. But 2004 is going to be a different year. Oh yes. Pluto has some nasty plans for these beings.

Names, races, facial expressions, and other timeless emotions still yet to be depicted.

Also, anyone know where I can find a picture of said galaxy's rotation?

Entsuropi:
That is a really cool idea gemm. Do a google search for your info i guess.

Yeah, tried that what should I search for? I've tried "Planet Rotations."

Plus I'm going to base some of it on Odin and the norse myth. So I need some help from SE, since I guess he's mr. norse myth. Since Odin can see all and knows all, I'm right right?, he can see these races taking place each year. He names each planet's 'puller' and they are named after the norse myth.

Mars will be Alaisiagae, Neptune is Aegir, and Pluto is going to be Bergelmir. Venus may be Bragi and the Sun may be Dagur. The Earth's moon may be called Borghild, I had an idea for why when I read what that name meant.

SE, not sure if you got my e-mail, but I'll reiterate here. Do you think I should use the Greek or Roman names for the planets? The Roman names are mostly the same as the planet, whereas the Greek names are names e.g. Hades, Zeus, Poseidon, etc. So which should I use, Roman or Greek?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version