Author Topic: Kije's story  (Read 1621 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Kije's story
« on: January 26, 2004, 10:55:17 PM »
I recommend the title "Lucian and Oswald" (after about 10 seconds of brain storming).  But more to the point, what did you want us to notice and comment on?

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Kije's story
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 12:39:41 AM »
"Lucian and Osbert" was the working title for a while...

As far as commenting, hopefully it's obvious that it's in large part a humor piece.  What's funny?  What isn't?  I won't get offended.

If you could change something, what would it be?  Where do I go wrong?  Where do I go right?  General stuff like that, too.  I'm interested in getting different viewpoints.  I know how varied people's reactions can be to a single piece, and I'm interested in what those reactions are, so I can learn to better communicate my intentions as an author.

The story was based on an idea from something I'd written previously, where I explore the divine/mortal relationship.  A generalization of Greek gods/goddesses is that they resemble humans, but with divine powers.  What would it really be like in a world like that?  So here, how do you deal with a bored god?  The situation is mildly ridiculous, so I took a humorous approach.