Author Topic: Everybody's Current Projects  (Read 15745 times)

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Everybody's Current Projects
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2006, 09:37:35 PM »
Parker's Current Projects:

Lesana--56,000 words done of first draft.  Should end up around 80,000.  It's a contemporary fantasy that takes place in Slovakia.  YA.

Buttersby--aka the Llama/Alpaca book that I wrote for my mother (and which she payed me for hehehe)--Should be done with the fifth and pretty much final draft tomorrow or the day after.  Then with some help from CtrlZed and his illustrator friend (the same one who did the Mistborn Llamas), the book should be out at the beginning of October, meaning it went from concept to print in about 15 months.  Found out the other day that my dad's a personal friend of Sheri Dew, which means this might actually have a long shot of seeing the inside of a bookstore.  Otherwise, look for it soon at an alpaca store near you.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2006, 02:26:15 PM »
Oh yes. I was about to tell tale of what I'm currently working on.

It seems superheros cannot escape my mind recently. So, in transit to the short story and mostly unrelated, I've decided to take on the task of writing an "epic" poem about a superhero. From birth to death. Albiet that it will be sporadic in which events are posted when.

Currently the death is posted, as is the birth. And when I say epic, I mean it will tell a greater tale once every piece is written. Not that they'll all fit perfectly together.

http://tronrpg.blogspot.com/ Enjoy.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Atreas

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2006, 05:25:32 PM »
Currently:

Editing my sixth novel.

Writing my seventh.
And eighth.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »
Atreas,

Hey!  Book six is the one I eventually sold.  Have you had any luck sending them places?  
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Atreas

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2006, 08:01:29 PM »
Atreas,

Hey!  Book six is the one I eventually sold.  Have you had any luck sending them places?  

I actually emailed you about this subject a while back, I think.  Right after ELANTRIS came out.  *Wonders if you remember me.* 8)

Six isn't ready to go.  Yet.  It's coming along, though.  Now that I've written something that I think might at least have a shot, I've got to brush out all the typos.  Got most of 'em the first time through, but I'm making some changes this time around.

Dangerbutton

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 06:48:25 PM »
I'm currently working on a Sci-Fi novel. Its only at 18000 words right now. I started it a month and a half ago. It's basically about dragons in space.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 06:52:39 AM »
I'm working on an Arthurian legend piece.  Placed after the death of King Arthur in the world of the dead.  Following Arthur on his way to The Hall of Heroes or something.  What would his journey be like?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:59:20 AM by Necroben »
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2008, 09:17:46 AM »
I am actually working on a project. It is a dark fantasy tale( i cant say trilogy or series given that im not sure how long it will be). What i want from this however is to accomplish major elements that happen in life. I want to capture the magic of a pair falling in love. Of a man finding himself in the place he couldn't be happier. Of someone realizing that they can never be loved--that love was only for a few and the rest would have to settle with content. Of someone leaving her world in search for more--in hopes to be able to say i love my home for what it is and not becuase it is the only thing i know. For an assassin to become a priest. I want to capture what i have begun to call inner revolutions.

I say capture because i don't simply want to write about them. I want the reader to feel submerged in the tale, to find his/her heart throbbing, ripping, faintly beating to nearly vibrating! i want the reader to let out a sigh of exhaustion that comes after a good long run at sunrise when they finish my book...that is what i wan't more then ever.

If anyone here has a self instilled conflict--whatever it maybe--please tell me. I really want to know!
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 06:00:25 AM »
Currently, I'm pouring my heart out into one piece of work. It's also my first stab at this whole "Let's write a novel" idea, and I've realized that this is what I want to be doing with my life. If anyone is curious about it, feel free to send a PM, or contacting me through AOL Instant Messenger. I should be online most of the time, because I'm always signed in while writing.

Currently, around 30k words and counting. I had no idea I had the ability to sit down and write until I pass out before starting this whole thing.  ;D

Planning on this first book to be around 150-180k (hopefully it'd become a series if I ever got it published, but I plan on writing at least two or three either way).

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 06:14:09 PM »
I'm writing a fantasy-mystery with a Jane Austenish social setting. I'm only about 10K words in though.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2008, 01:24:42 AM »
I'm plotting out my NaNoWriMo for November.

Also working on several short stories.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2008, 03:02:38 AM »
I'm plotting out my NaNoWriMo for November.

Same here 42.  Though now that I've had some time to think about it, I now have several projects in mind.  One I have plotted out to 6 books.  Another may or may not make the 50,000 mark but it is fully plotted and ready to go.  Then there's the half dozen ideas buzzing around my head. :o  Oh well, I still have 9 days left...
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

spejoku

• Level 3
  • Insanity isn't all that bad really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2008, 05:30:55 AM »
I have my Nanowrimo all plotted and waiting for actual writing.  I have another project that I'm working on as part of a class as well.  It's a YA, and I actually don't have writer's block on it because I started on the third chapter rather than the first.  Yay!  ;D
Tacos: the food of choice for awesome people

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2008, 12:23:51 AM »
I'm revising a few short stories (all speculative fiction) and then plan to return to work on a Fantasy novel I started in EUOL's class.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2008, 08:47:28 PM »
I'm writing an epic fantasy novel/series of novels currently titled "Eriadhin: The People of the Choice"
I've only gotten a couple of chapters finished to date. Though recently I've been writing the prequel to the series, for some reason it grabbed me by the throat and demanded that I write it first. Novels are so bossy....

I'm also working on a time travel story, a scifi story, a slipstream story, and others. Though most of them are more in the planning stages than the writing stages.
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.