Author Topic: Change of Venue for Group Two?  (Read 3286 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Change of Venue for Group Two?
« on: September 09, 2006, 06:38:13 PM »
Hey, guys, the time has come. School is back in session. As of this week, I have Copyediting every Thur. night--which means I either hafta bow out of the group (eek!) or see if everyone can meet a different night. :P (Lucky for me, my internship class only meets 3x a semester.)

Lemme see... the Speculists meet Tuesdays now (right, Nessa and SE?) and Monday is out b/c of FHE type stuff and nobody'll come if we do it on Friday night (not that I'm ever on a date or anything....)

That leaves Wed. So, um, how does that sit with everyone??
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Change of Venue for Group Two?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 07:02:37 PM »
Actually, AS1 has changed to Wednesday nights (we've been meeting on Wednesday for the past 1 1/2 months). Although we aren't sure yet if this is a permenant change. It depends on whether guitarbabe returns to the lineup and if it affects her schedule.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 07:34:20 PM »
we could, conceivably, redivide the groups. i'm available Tues - Thurs at the regular times both groups have been meeting. Nessa isn't avail on tuesday, from what I understand, and now Shrain not on Wednesday. What are other restrictions?

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 02:30:36 PM »
Yes, that's correct, Tuesdays are occasionally filled for me with church duties and etc, although not every week. Wednesdays and Thursdays I'm often available.

SE may be right that it's time to re-divide the groups, make everything more even, especially with schedules changing as school begins.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 08:28:06 PM »
Yeah, maybe it's time we mix both groups up a little to accommodate all the schedule changes.

Oh, and, SE, it's Thursday nights that won't work for me because I have Copyediting, not Wed. Otherwise I wouldn't be tryin' to see if we can change nights. ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 08:28:41 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 10:20:09 AM »
See and for me its actually harder to meet earlier in the week than it is later, Friday is actually good for me.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 03:40:53 PM »
My weekdays are acutally pretty flexible as long as I know it's coming.  Kris says pretty much the same as does George.  We just have to know WHAT to plan.

~J
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 10:27:03 PM »
Hmm. What if we got a little crazy and swapped nights with the Speculists? Just curious if that could work...

Short of pulling off a switcheroo or reorganizing both groups, I vote to move our meetings to Tue night at 9pm EST (7 MST). Jena, are George and K going to start coming more? Nessa, you said you might be able to come once in a while? Like every other week or something? Jeffe, I'm sad that Tue probably won't be too good for you. But... it seems like it will be okay for most everyone else.

Until I attend my classes for the first time, though, we'd probably better leave things as is... I know I'll be busy, but I don't know how busy.
--Spriggan

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 12:40:49 AM »
Speculists right now are on Wednesdays. I don't know about switching to Thursdays. It's ok for me and SE, but I'm not sure about Hannah.

Neiana is in Speculists and I'm sure he said he was flexible. He might be willing to switch positions with Jeffe. If that works for the both of them. We'll have to see. What do you think, SE?

Yes, I'll still try to come on the Tuesdays I'm around. About 2 weeks a month. Or so.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 08:49:27 AM »
let me try to sum up what I see proposed and then we can approve of it. The only real membership change would be Jeffe, which would even out the groups anyway.

The new structure would be

Abridged Speculists (meeting on Thursdays):
Nessa
SE
Jeffe
Katie/Hannah
Neiana

Ardent Scribblers (meeting on Tuesdays):
Jena
Kris
George
SE
Shrain
Nessa (when avaiable)

There are only two uncertainties I see with that schedule:
1) I haven't actually spoken to Katie to make sure Thursday is ok. But wednesday is for certain (it's when we meet now). If we changed that to stay on Wednesdays, then Jeffe should tell us in this thread if that would work for him.
2) No one has actually heard from Neiana to know for sure that Thursdays are ok. If not, then Wednesdays again? I dunno.

so, I guess what I want to hear is from Jeffe, Katie, and Neiana to get confirmation on whether they are available wednesdays and thursdays. And, if so, which is their preferred day. I'm good for either, and I assume NEssa is from that last post.

I see no reason why the scribblers can't just change their day to tuesdays right now and start meeting on the new day. We just need to decide whether wed or thurs will accomodate more people.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 11:32:59 AM »
Sounds OK to me.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 12:34:40 PM »
But if we can pull off switching Speculists to Thursday, couldn't Scribblers meet Wed? /me looks puzzled.

Maybe then Jeffe could still come... Plus, Nessa wouldn't have church stuff. :D I only suggested Tue as an option if Speculists couldn't change.
--Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 12:56:58 PM »
I guess, but we still haven't heard from Katie and Neiana about Thursday being ok.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 01:22:05 PM »
*nods* Yep.
--Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 09:56:02 PM »
update: Neiana will be out for a good month. Steph is still out till.... uh... who knows. It'd be nice to have Jeffe to keep the Speculists alive

Or else we could just merge everyone and meet on Wednesday.