Author Topic: National Novel Writing Month 2006  (Read 18748 times)

Lightning Eater

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: National Novel Writing Month 2006
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2006, 04:54:45 AM »
I finished NaNoWriMo on the 28th if I'm remembering correctly.  Say, does anyone know why FMP just gave up on day six or so? It's pretty weird, considering that he was already two-fifths finished.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2006, 12:20:09 AM »
Congrats to our winners:

Hauf
Lighting Eater
JP

You should have your award and Fell point for winning in your profile now!
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »
My goal for next month is to write another 20,000 words. Taking everything into account, including my health and temperment, I think that is a challenging yet attainable goal. Plus, I did it once, so I know I can do it again.

I just hit the 20,000 word mark today. Woo hoo! Go me!!!  ;D

That goal certainly turned out to be attainable. Perhaps not challenging enough. I'm going to have to up it. But, I have to factor in that Christmas is coming up, and that the holidays will allow less time for writing. I don't want to sacrifice family time for writing time, especially since I already achieved my goal.

So now I have 40,000 words on the novel I started with NaNoWriMo. Yay! I'm at least half done, and very excited.  :D
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Aen Elderberry

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2006, 05:52:17 PM »
So now I have 40,000 words on the novel I started with NaNoWriMo. Yay! I'm at least half done, and very excited.  :D

Way to go.  If you keep that up you'll be much better off than the ones that only write in November.  :)

You should have signed up for NaNoWriQua (National Novel Writing Quarter)  instead.
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore

"It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated." - Albus Dumbledore

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2006, 06:04:21 PM »
If that doesn't exist, maybe we should start it up.  ;)

I am happy that I've been able to incorporate more writing time into my schedule. Of course, my schedule right now is decidedly lax (doctor's orders). The trick will be when I'm back in school or working or both to still be able to write 1,000 words a day. I may need to cut that down. But I think I'd like to try to devote at least 2 hours to writing everyday, no matter what is going on in my life. Then I can definitely keep this up.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"