Author Topic: Re: Twig storming  (Read 7975 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Twig storming
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2003, 12:12:28 AM »
This topic is for non-commity people to volinteer and offer ideas when we ask for them.  We'll also be shareing our ideas once we come to a consenus.  So yes if any of you want to offer your services, please do so.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 12:13:19 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2003, 01:48:52 AM »
I have a question.  Are you going to make this a generic RPG, then have expansions, or are you going to make game-design and worldbuilding integral to one another?
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2003, 04:48:09 AM »
we're going to try and make them intergral to each other.  That's why we're haveing this initial design commity.   Right now we're trying to create the world by takeing into account the different things we want to do, like novels, RPG, and other games.  If not we would be working on  the different things now.  I'm realy not sure how long this will take since I've never done anything like this before, so you might want to ask SE (who's head designer) or Fell (who's number 2).  But I would guess it would depend on how detailed we wanted to  get right now.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2003, 09:22:56 AM »
Yeah, I think our emphasis was to make it versatile for game type (rpg, ccg, tabletop) rather than genre, so we are having a small disagreement about the genre details (whehter to allow some steampunk, tech, or how much magic).

But the big obstacle right now turns out to be our geography. Anyone know a global climate modeler who can answer some questions for me? I need to know about prevailing winds, jet streams, and moisture patterns.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 09:25:57 AM by SaintEhlers »