Author Topic: Re: Twig storming  (Read 5143 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Twig storming
« on: September 09, 2003, 03:10:46 PM »
Jeffe this is for the one we're developing with SE.  If you have any intital comments please keep it to the e-mail disscussion with me, fell, SE and you.  Once we have something set we'll post it here.  But it's mainly SE call since he's project head.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 03:43:24 PM »
Well then someone should have said that, This was also for the one with SE .... Perhaps you should lock it then...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 03:57:19 PM »
SE asked for the board. I'm not sure how he intends to use it, but I imagine that he will tell us.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 04:12:33 PM »
Watch everyone uhm and ahh until they work out what to say. Like a party where noone knows each other.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 05:24:04 PM »
The idea is that we can report progress here, recruit people for the next phase, and get feedback when we're ready for it.

Just as a progress report to non-committee, we have the basics of a world setting that will be able to incorporate a meta-plot (or not) for both miniature gaming and most styles of fantasy roleplaying. We're going to iron out some details and flesh out a lot before we're ready to move ahead though.

Please post interest here if you want to be involved in some aspect of this project in a future phase: We'll eventually need playtesters, system developers, rules writers, fiction writers, editors, and possibly artwork.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 05:26:33 PM »
incidentally, how hard IS it to lock a topic to only a few posters? If we stick with email, we'll have to add my home address to the mailing list.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 07:41:51 PM »
I would like a role, preferably a big one to sooth my ego, in system creation for RPG and especially tabletop. :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 10:52:05 PM »
it depends of if Tage has the add on to YABB installed that lets you do it.  If he does then all he has to do is type the screen names in.  If he dosen't then you need to convice him to get it.  And that would take longer then makeing the world.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 10:52:31 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 11:20:30 PM »
See, I'm just not sure exactly what modifications have been done here. I dont' remember doing much at writers-group, but it has that capability. I guess a mi no me importa. Email seems to be working. If we can just get some jeffe and/or Fell feedback.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2003, 11:36:07 PM »
The only other option would be to make Me and Jeffe overloards of this board as well, then we just keep the topics locked.  Then unlock them as we make a post.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2003, 12:15:08 AM »
I need to set up a home e-mail account somewhere that I dont get tons of spam through. Eric you can call me with ideas... all the mails going to my work account and I dont go back till this weekend.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2003, 01:24:26 AM »
I would just suggest makeing a hotmail account then setting the junk fliter to the highest.  This would only allow address from an approved list to come in.  If you don't want a hotmail account I can make one for you on my comcast account, but there's no junkfilter that I know of there.

Edit Speaking of comcast I get 7 email accounts through them, each account can have a free webpage with 26 megs.  considering I'm paying $100 a month for this that's not bad.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 01:33:43 AM by Spriggan »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2003, 08:59:58 AM »
hotmail's ok, but if you want to use a client instead of being stuck with an online interface, let me know. I can set you up with an account and unlimited web space. Just let me know if you want to go this route. In this case, we do use spamassassin to block spam, which I really like. No spam gets through, and it's been many months since I've caught it blocking an email I actually want.

But 90% of blocking spam is making sure no one gets your address. Don't put it on message boards, don't submit it with forms, don't respond to spam, don't post it on your web site, don't give it to companies asking for it.

i usually have a web based account I check once a week if I *have* to give an email for something I want.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 10:53:06 AM »
yeah hook me up E.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2003, 01:20:06 PM »
Please post interest here if you want to be involved in some aspect of this project in a future phase: We'll eventually need playtesters, system developers, rules writers, fiction writers, editors, and possibly artwork.

I don't want to post where I shouldn't, so let me know if I don't belong here...That request by St. Ehlers seemed fairly open, though.  I'd be willing to help with things as they come up, as I could.