Alternate Realities > TW(i)G

intresting idea

(1/3) > >>

Spriggan:
I'm watching the history channel right now, and what they're showing is how it could be possible that the Egyptians used pullies and wind to raise monuments.  Like huge kites.  They have a team from CalTech doing it and its pretty cool.  They lifted a 7000 pound obilisk in less then an 30 minutes with one kite and 2 kite flyers.

This could be a cool tech idea for one of the countries in the TWIG setting.

EUOL:
Or for a book some time....

<EUOL scribbles a note to himself.>

You're my brother, Sprig--you're supposed to feed me these cool ideas, not post them for everyone else to use.  :)

Spriggan:
They actualy managed to lift an obolisk that was over 20,000 lbs with one kite (I forget the material they made it out of, but the only thing they used that wasn't avaliable to the egyptians was concrete since they couldn't afford to use stone) that was about the size of modern day rectangle parachutes, a pully and an A-frame made of pine polls.  They use wet hemp rope, being wet makes it stronger and makes the knotes more secure, wich is as strong as nylon rope.  I didn't get to see it all since I was on the phone with Jane trouble shooting a problem with her lap top, so I missed how they moved square blocks.  But I did catch the last 2-3 minutes which had them talkeing about how they had managed to move 3  stones that were the size used on the pyrimids.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
well, he DOES have the desert empires that he's writing up for TW(i)G, perhaps he was thinking of using the idea himself.

Spriggan:
ya, that, and the fact it's a pretty cool concept that I though some might find intresting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version