• Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Maps
« on: May 22, 2004, 06:52:07 AM »
Post any maps you make here:

For quick refrence the general map SE made:
http://www.saintehlers.com/twig/mastermap.gif

A working version of the River Ilne and it's Delta.  The light green areas show the floodplains and the dark green is marshland.  I've labled several cities towns and other places I'll describe on both the Parth and Tarth side.  This is still a work in prossess as I'll probaly be messing around with the Delta area more and might possible change some names.

http://www.monkeyslothstudio.com/pictures/RiverIlnecities.jpg
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Maps
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 09:24:21 AM »
Here's a working version of the Parth coast.  This map is only focusing on the sea and the surrounding coastal area so the majority of the map is blank.  Also it's large since I'm trying to keep it in the same scale as the river map (though it's onlt 30k).  As the previous one all names and locations are subject to change.

http://www.monkeyslothstudio.com/pictures/parthcoastcities.gif
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 08:27:14 AM »
Working map of the green pennisula on Parth's Eastren Border.  I do need some imput on this one from SE, how much of the nothren Nomad Lands are going to be covered in forests?  I don't want Parth's pennisula 100% forest but I'm willing to make more of the grasslands by the border a forest.  Let me know since I realy have no intrest in doing the Nomad Plains at the moment.

Key: Beigeish color=Grasslands/farmlands
green=Forests

http://www.monkeyslothstudio.com/pictures/ParthGreenland.gif

Also I'm wanting to know if Kije or SE would like outline maps done of other contries you two are working on?  These would be large maps with no color or details except the borders.  You'd have to fill them out.  I would lable them for you but I think since you're doing them it would be easier then trying to explain to me where to place things.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 08:59:59 AM »
I'm thinking that whole region is like the Sarengetti. Mostly grasslands. Very little forest, except where forest is on the main map.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 09:04:07 AM »
Maybe I should be more specific, see where it's dark green that what I mean, there's supposed to be lots of forests there.  Compaire your map to mine and let me know.  Becaue I only have about 1/2 of the area that's green in Part an actual forest and I want to fill out a little of the nomad plains on the map I did, so I want to know how much of that northern most green is supposed to be forest.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 09:22:42 AM »
This is what more or less your "Blank Maps" would look like.  Here's one of Parth.

http://www.monkeyslothstudio.com/pictures/parthmainmap.gif

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 10:12:42 AM »
that part is nearly all forest.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 10:15:59 AM »
ok thanks.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 06:04:21 AM »
Ok see if this looks better
http://www.monkeyslothstudio.com/pictures/ParthGreenland.gif

One note though, I'm not sure what you are planning for the Nomad Plains.  The reason why this area has town/areas that are named different from the rest of the nation is becasue Parth "Annexed" this area about 100-150 years ago.  The two towns (storm watch and darkwood) were settlements that agreed to join Parth (after many years of coaxing).  And the forests name is Lone Wood becasue it's seperated from the other forest(s) by several miles (20 I think by scale).  I choose standard D&D human nameing conventions for these places and if the Nomad lands is going to be nameing things different then I don't mind chageing that.  Also would who ever is going to do the Nomad Plains (SE or Kije) mind nameing that main forest that you see crossing the border for me please?

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 10:04:33 AM »
Uhm.. hmm.... The nomads definitely don't have cities, is the thing. Those towns would have been built by Parth after annexing. At best, the nomads have simple villages that they live in for part of the year.

Here's the official editorial approach. Anything like names and such is totally changable up to the point that the writing is all done.

For now, call it the Forest of Spirits. I have some very rough thoughts on it.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 10:09:14 AM »
Well they may have not been nomads SE but other people that lived there for various reasons.  Just remember when you have such an open land with no central force controlling it there will allwayse be people that will move there for some reason or another.    If the Nomads stay away from the forests (for what ever reason) like Kije said then what would stop some people from moveing there?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 12:45:32 AM by Spriggan »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 12:46:07 AM »
Kije have you read this thread yet?

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 12:44:44 PM »
Yes, I was just assuming the nomads stayed out of the northern forests based on the original material (I think it says something about how they migrate up there only once a year for pow-wow or something.)  It's subject to change.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »
Do you want blank maps to play with Kije?  like this one but for your contries?

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 03:28:41 PM »
Sure, you can send some.  With Silkur and Bregtoran (and probably Bask) I didn't go to the extent that you have, Sprig, with all the cities and towns.  I basically went off the main map, and where there were big city dots I described big cities.  This doesn;t preclude the existence of other cities, but I chose to limit my descriptions to the biggest, most significant cities of the regions.  I might go back and fill in the maps with other smaller cities, but that wouldn't be for a long time unless we found it necessary.  But you can go ahead and send some outline maps to me that I'll keep in my files.  You can send them to n8hatfield at hotmail dot com