Alternate Realities > TW(i)G

Bestiary of Azmoth

<< < (2/6) > >>

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
there's nothing to prevent someone from making a tribe, or a very elite guard, that uses griffons of some type as a mount (hippogriffs seem easiest to sit on) but the wouldn't be "common" mounts. They'd be a rare cavalry, and greatly feared. I'd even add in a factor that the griffons are very difficult to breed or domesticate, just for realism.

Lieutenant Kije:
From what you read in the intro material on Azmoth, it seems like Griffon cavalry is reserved to rumored northmen, as if it were unheard of in other places.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
I didn't mean to imply that. I'm not sure what's conveying that impression either.

Spriggan:
Well I;m comming up with some new mounts for the desert areas.  I'll let you know once I've decided.

Spriggan:
I'm thinking of haveing "water Oxe" that are like a cross  between a hippo and an oxe that the Parths and Tarths use to pull barges along the river.  As well as a osterage/raptor type bird that is used as a fast pased rideing mount in the desert lands since deserts aren't kind to horses.

There will be Crocidiles, lions as cattle preditors along the river as well as a few new races I haven't decided upon.  There porbaly won't be any griffons since Parth isn't near any mountains or very high hills.  I'm also planning on bringing versions of both Kappa and Kelpie as either faries or Darklings.

Haven't gotten to the rest of Parth just yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version