Author Topic: Empires and Nations  (Read 15501 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Empires and Nations
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2003, 04:49:21 PM »
sorry, your map question was posted while I was writing my response, I never saw the question. But you're right on that.

You're not pestering me, you're just making me feel guilty because I've been an incredible slacker this month. I'm going to do them both at the same time. We'll see if I get motivated to do that this week. If it doesn't happen tonight, it won't happen before Monday, tomorrow is too busy with my in-laws trying to drag out my horrible birthday to almost a week.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2003, 04:58:42 PM »
Hey - November was a rush with NaNoWriMo, so you deserve a break.  And whenever the stuff comes, that's fine.  I've got plenty else that I can write without it.

I'm also counting on the fact that when it all gets written up there will be a good amount of revision, making sure everything checks with everything else, and fine-tuning it so that it's a solid product.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2003, 05:02:28 PM »
that would be a good assumption. Expect edits

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2003, 08:47:40 PM »
Does that mean we can expect editors? Can we also get one of those flying terran gunship things? I liked those.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2004, 09:10:11 PM »
I've finished writing up Silkur for the most part, but am waiting on the race information.  If my opinion counts, I would have no external signs indicating race (type.)  That just makes things a whole lot easier.

I'd like to start on another region, probably Bregtoran if that's okay.  What do you think, Saint?

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2004, 10:49:16 PM »
I'm going to encourage you to do so. I havent' decided about races, mostly because I haven't thought about it. After I finish this novel outline, I'll think about it more.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2004, 01:40:28 PM »
Okay, I'll go ahead.  I figure the race thing isn't a problem, because things can always be added or changed.  Let me know when you can look at things - I'll send the stuff I've done so far.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2004, 10:59:18 PM »
I've finished up Bregtoran.  I've now got 20+ pages on the two "nations."  I'd like to look at doing Bask next, but that wouldn't happen as quickly as I wrote up Bregtoran.  I'll go ahead with Bask, unless you guys (Saint & Sprig) would rather have more variety in involvement, which I would understand.  Let me know.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2004, 11:08:40 PM »
mostly we were outsourcing. want to email that stuff to me?

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2004, 11:22:42 PM »
ok

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2004, 07:25:01 AM »
ugg, haveing a country that has 4 different regions where life is completly different sure is hard to develop good.  It feels like I'm developing 4 different places all at once.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 12:19:24 AM »
Sprigg -  for some reason my thoughts have been turning back to Azmoth recently and I've had some neat ideas for Tarth, which I know you were intending to write some time ago.  Do you still want to write that up, or can I take it?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 01:07:54 AM »
well I've thought about it in the past few months, but I frankly dont have time for probaly the rest of the year.   Most of my stuff is for Parth, but I have some border citys and timelines for Tarth.
I've ziped and uploaded what I've done so far (maps, some city info and a timeline) and if you want you can use any of that you feel like.   There's no need to stick with what I've started since I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to it.

www.legacieslost.com/TWG/TWIG/TWIG.zip
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »
cool. TW(i)G is the next of my extracurricular projects. (The first is getting a bunch of websites up to speed)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 09:52:21 AM »
Well I'm interested to see the final product, but it's not even on my top 10 anymore with school and all I've got too many other things to deal with.  And if I'm going to spend free time writing stuff I think reviews and other articles for TWG is more important then this which may or may not get the proper game treatment (ie rules and such).

Though if you two could get TWIG to a weekly or bi-weekly occurrence (ie articles to be published) that would be something cool.