Alternate Realities > What's this?

Let me tell you...

(1/4) > >>

Fellfrosch:
In the RPG threads we've been discussing the possibility of running an RPG here on the forum, so this section is where it will take place. At present the only game is Patriot City, the superhero game we're going to use to test the concept. If it works, and if people are interested, we can start more games in the future.

The way this forum game will work is thusly:

1) If you want to play, post here or email me directly. We don't want a huge group, but I'm not going to turn anyone away at this point.

2) You and I, preferably using AIM, will create a character. This is a superhero game, and we'll be using Heroes Unlimited mixed with my little house rules. The important things to remember are that a) I'm not a rules lawyer, and tend to fudge a lot when I GM, and b) a forum game is primarily based on interaction, with very little call for mechanics and such. If a skill check or combat roll becomes necessary, I'll do the rolling and tell you what happened. It's theoretically possible to play without even thinking about the rules, so don't worry if you don't know how HU works.

3) The game will have a board of it's own, called Patriot City. Within this board we'll have a thread for tha actual game, and maybe another thread where I post random news stories and rumors. If the group splits up, we may split into other threads. I won't make any of you create new profiles, and I probably won't even limit board access--anyone can read and post, so please use some common courtesy and only post where you're allowed to. (I might have to change this if it becomes a problem.)

4) A few etiquette rules will make things easier. Write your character name at the top of each post, so we don't get confused. If you're speaking out of character, use italics. If you're in character but not actually saying something out loud, write normally. Actual dialogue spoken by your character should be in quotes. so for example:

Gee, what a fun game!
Do I recognize the man who's following us?
"Hey you! Why are you following us!"
If he gives me any trouble, I'll shoot my eye beams at him and dive for cover.

5) Let the preparations begin!

Spriggan:
I'm game, which books can we use?  Can I use Ninja's and superspies/Mystic china or are we doing Super powers only?

Fellfrosch:
HU only. I'm keeping it simple, by which I mean cohesive.

Spriggan:
great now I have to go buy that book

Fellfrosch:
Why? As I mentioned above, this will be a very rules-unintensive game. Plus, I'll be smacking min-maxers with my hyperdimensional hammer of doom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version