Alternate Realities > What's this?

AORP?

(1/7) > >>

Entsuropi:
This is probably not about AORP but eh.

I followed the link when i read the AORP post, and i see you are intending to put a game on here, for the reason i noted a few days ago.

One thing is for sure... people are posting A LOT more than before the game. It's insane - we usually only have a burst like this after someone arrives, but only then from that 1 person - now we have it from everyone. If you bring your players across... damn. I'm having trouble following you and Jeffe - with another bunch of players, the forum will be... big.

So anyway, are you intending to do this? I would be interested to see if it results in a drop of posts to the oher game, or whether people are happy to post to both. If there is no problem, it makes the forum perfect for RPG game playtests, with lots of RPGers already posting.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
I don't think it will result in problems with the other game. If it happens.

For one thing, there isn't a lot of cross over. Fell (and nominally 42, maybe) and I are the only ones in both games currently. And Fell and I are each running one of the games.

But I think there should be some sort of rule established about the number of games you can be in. I can't see people involved in more than two games able to dedicate enough attention to them both.

But if TWG got as big as predicted, and we built up an even bigger review data base, we'd be a mega-cool, mega-popular web portal. And you knew Fell when! Aren't you cool and indy and ahead of the Joneses!

Brian:
It sounds great... SE was originally envisioning something like this for AORP itself I think.. sadly I think for the foreseeable future, the AORP dream may not happen if SE moves the game to TWG. But perhaps it can still happen through TWG.

I don't know about limiting to only two games, but I do think if TWG ever became a recognizable hotspot for Play-by-Post RPGs, it would be good to regular games this grows happens TWG ought to figure out SOME way that players can "guarantee" they will post frequently.

There are few things more frustrating than when players have promised to post frequently and then forget all about your game.

I've always thought it would be cool to have a consolidated spot for PbP gaming though.

Tage:
I've already alluded to this in another thread, and I don't want to start getting anyone's hopes up prematurely, but in the relatively near future the Play-by-Post games should get a lot easier to run on TWG. I'm thinking of designing a forum built specifically for that purpose.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
Yeah, Tage, I have a lot of thoughts for add ins for something like that. Let me know if you want feedback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version