Author Topic: Could it be a new game?  (Read 2065 times)

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Could it be a new game?
« on: December 07, 2003, 09:47:02 PM »
If you read my review a bit ago for FATE, you would have noticed I'm distinctly impressed with the system.  Because of this, I'd be interested in running a game using it, that of course takes a character and story-oriented approach. However, we have already got the active AORP, the kind of slow Back for Seconds, and the Star Wars game beginning soon. So before I go any further, is anyone actually interested in another game? I'll start talking details if two or more are interested.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Could it be a new game?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 09:48:15 PM »
I think you need to go more into details. Style of play, genre, etc.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: Could it be a new game?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 10:00:09 PM »
Ok then. Style of play is very narrative and character driven, the way I'm thinking of. FATE allows for this well - character development is almost roleplayed out. I'd prefer a more serious, possibly tragic or carthartic game, but with elements of humour, but of course I'm very willing to work with players on what they'd like to see, so long as the characters take the a main role, a dice take a more back seat role. Probable collaborative stuff too (The player's have limited power to introduce elements, not just the GM.)

As for Genre, once again, I'd like to create something that the players would find interesting, and so that can be worked out exactly after some initial players are established. So far I'm workign towards Samurai/Ninja, or Giant Robots, or Steampunk or Cyberpunk. Any of those would interest me, but they're certainly not definitive, just suggestions.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy