Author Topic: Diplomacy, anyone?  (Read 53698 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: Diplomacy, anyone?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2004, 10:35:23 PM »
been...very...busy...

I'm sorry for running behind, just got back in town, and I have been really busy.  So, I'll chug those rules down soon and test out that yahoo site.  I don't think I'll be able to reach it here, but I can at the school I think.  I'll get back to you.  Unless I otherwise alert you I'll be fine for playing, though.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2004, 09:15:07 PM »
ok, smtp is working now. I'm ready to go when everyone else is.

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2004, 10:54:04 PM »
I'm fine, ready to go whenever.
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2004, 08:23:12 PM »
Saint - is there a reason you're off the yahoo site?  Apparently you are no longer a member.

And we're still waiting for Gorgon.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2004, 08:29:50 PM »
So very sorry, I can't seem to get to the site either here or at school, so I'll have to make weekly vistits your house, Archon, or Onion, since I spend a lot of time there already.  I can do all the diplomacy on TWG or over e-mail, so I'd only need to pop the maps on a disk every week.  

I can even tell you, Kije, where I want my troops to move through e-mail or PMS, right?  I mean, once I get the maps I'm golden until the next turn...?

So I just need to get signed up, I'll do that before sunday I'm sure.  Sorry for delaying the game...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 08:30:31 PM by GorgontheWonderCow »
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2004, 08:51:06 AM »
No clue. I'll check on it.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2004, 09:04:40 AM »
That's because Yahoo groups sucks big time, and lots of proxies block them since there's a lot of pr0n and other stuff schools, busnisses don't want you seeing.

If you just need a forum just use TWG, we can create a board for you, and use the PM's to send messages to your allies and such.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2004, 09:32:29 AM »
Ah. It's because Yahoo is exceedingly retarded, and even though I told it to mail my other account, it's still trying to send to yahoo, which I never check, and which bounces everything (it's probably full).

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2004, 12:24:41 PM »
Sorry - I expected some gripes, but explained my use of the yahoo group in an earlier post.  

And gorgon - yeah, the site is where you can find resources like maps and such.  You'd only need to get into the site to check those.  You can conduct diplomacy and submit orders through private messaging and emails, so that would be fine.

All - I'll make a database on the site with everyone's email addresses and the powers they are playing.  I'll go ahead and draw for powers and post the results on the site and here.  Expect that sometime today.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2004, 12:39:16 PM »
oh, i wasn't complaining necessarilya bout your choice. I was complaining about Yahoo not using the address I told them to use. The only reason we need to be there is for those files and the map updates right? Then don't worry about me, I can see 'em. Just email my se@twg address.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2004, 03:12:33 PM »
Okay...here goes...

SaintEhlers = Austria
Entropy = Italy
JamPaladin = Russia
OutKast = France
GorgonTheWonderCow = Turkey
Lieutenant Kije = Germany
Archon = England

I've added a database to the site called "Who's who" with this information as well as the email addresses that can be used to reach each player.  Again, this choosing process was random (the only random element in the game) and no, I didn't fidge with the results.

Also, since this is an online game and not a sit-down affair I see no reason to distinguish between the diplomacy and order writing phases.  So both will have the same deadline.  I'm thinking Thursday nightish (USMountain Time which is Greenwich -7 or 8,) and I'll look for them Friday morningish (I know we're spanning hemispheres here.)

So you can submit orders anytime you want.  If you want to change your mind just resubmit orders befoe the deadine and I'll use the latest submission.

Send orders to my email (n8hatfield at hotmail dot com) and in the subject line say "ORDERS" so I'll know not to open the email until we're ready to resolve them.

Oh, and when you're sending emails for game purposes it might be nice to throw "diplomacy" into the subject line just so the recipient knows what it is.  Just a pointer.

So...have at it!  (That means we're starting - yay!)

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2004, 03:29:38 PM »
I wanna point out right now, I don't ever check my forum PMs. Email me or I won't see it.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2004, 04:38:46 PM »
On the site, in the photos section I will be posting the maps as the game progresses.  Currently posted is "1901a (Spring)" which shows the board at the beginning of the game.  Remember - this is a Spring turn, so occupying SCs by the end of the turn will not give you units.  That only happens on a Fall turn.

And Jam, the fleet in St. Petersburg is located on the southern coast.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2004, 11:41:37 PM »
Kije, Can you explain Diagram 14 on page 9 of the rule book to me? I thought that even though the unit was dislodged, It could still attack, and the unit leaving the territory didn't count. therefore, the supported unit dislodged from Bulgaria should be able to take Rumania. Does being dislodged prevent your movement?

nm, the dislodged unit can still attack, but cannot affect the dislodging territory. Got it.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2004, 01:08:22 PM »
Would someone be kind enough to post here the way battles are performed and determined, I don't think that one was posted on the forum, and I can't get to it through yahoo.  

And I haven't see the maps yet, and Archon's internet has been down for a few days, so the two of us might need a deadline that is farther away than thursday, depending on how events unfold.  And just FYI for everyone, while I do check my PMs, I can't reach them from school, so I'd prefer E-mail to
[email protected]

And if anyone wanted to talk to me about the game, I wont be responding until Archon gets his internet back up or I otherwise see the maps.  So, yeah, I'll post here when I've seen the maps.  If anyone decides to talk to me for whatever reason about the game before then, you'll have to send a map pasted into your e-mail.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke